Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's my problem.

I'm using ePSXe 1.6.0, with ePSXeCutor 1.0.6.3.

If I load a game through ePSXeCutor, F1 and F3 don't work (games tried : FF7 FF8 FF9 and FFT).

If I load a game through the emulator itself, F1 and F3 DO work.

Is there some configuration option in ePSXeCutor that I'm overlooking that I need to have activated to save states?

Also, ePSXeCutor recognizes my save states I made through the emulator, but when I go into the game, and press F2 to switch between slots, it says the save state slots are empty.

Thanks in advance for the help

EDIT

was searching some other threads. I do have a sstates folder in my ePSXe drive, the save states DO work through the emulator itself, just when i go through the front-end, they don't

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
no i'm not launching it from a shortcut

EDIT

tried running it from a shortcut and it works now it seems....... any explaination as to why this is the case? because that seems like.... one f'ed up solution to this problem

(tried running without the shortcut, no save states, with shortcut, save states work....)

EDIT 2nd time

Also, when i don't use the shortcut, ePSXe doesn't even recognize the save states from the one made with the shortcut....... what's going on?

·
Registered
654 Posts
The trick is that the "working directory" (AKA "Start In" in the shortcut properties) has to be the same as the directory that holds ePSXe.exe and ePSXeCutor.exe.

Depending on how you launched it (for instance, start->Run...), you might have ended up running it with the wrong working directory.

Dan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
all i was doing was double clicking the exe file in the epsxe folder, wasn't working then...

anyways thanks a bunch for the fix, now to fix this weird sound problem i get

it seems that whenever text is going in FFT, sometimes when the last "click" sound finishes, it doesn't close the sound buffer or sumthing, and i get something similar to a long drown out growl until another such "click" comes. Any easy way to fix it? It's not important, just an annoyance that doesn't HAVE to be fixed

EDIT

Using P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9

Settings :

Mode 1
Volume 1
Reverb 2
Interpolation 2

x Enable XA playing
o Change XA speed, if it is played too fast (more cpu power needed)

o SPU IRQ - wait for CPU action
o SPU IRQ - handle irqs in decoded sound buffer areas
o Mono sound mode
o Enable developer debug mode
o Enable sound recording

Options :
x Enable Sound
x Enable CDDA
x Enable MDEC XA
o Enable SPU IRQ hack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.