Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the case with everybody else's, but i can't save states with mine. Maybe i have to download a plugin or whatever. I've also got a question about changing discs on chrono cross. Yes, I know I can do it with an older version of epsxe. I've done it, works great for just getting to the different disc. But the fights are buggy and very frustrating to try get all the endings. As for staying in 1.7.0, I've tried using the CCD instead of the ISO and enabled subchannels, both with no result. I don't know how to copy to a virtual file, or whatever, so i won't worry about that. My question is if i use my original copy of the game (which freezes on some of the FMVs, preventing completion) to change discs, will my computer read from the disc, and possibly not work? Or will it use the bios, using the disc as a leapfrog ( i guess that's the right terminology)? The disc is in near perfect condition, and i even had it resurfaced, but it still doesn't work. Some advice would be much obliged.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what version of epsxe have you been using for the disc swap? you should use 1.5.2 with the odd/even hack fix enabled if you are using it for more than just getting past the swap point, 1.6.0 has alot of problems with CC and its not really playable on it for most people.

playing off the disc should work fine, if you do it use the file>run CDROM option in the GUI and also make sure you have subchannel reading enabled in the CDR plugin along with the plugin set to read from whatever drive you are putting the disc in.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
savestates work fine on 1.7

don't put the epsxe folder in program files

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.