Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I've heard that you should try not to use save states too much, because they can cause problems in games... I can live with mostly using memory card saves throughout the game, but at the start of FF7 there's those very annoying, slooow messages that you can't skip (Something about pirating and 'Sony presents'). I'd really like to just have a save state at the beginning menu (New game/Continue) to get past this, but could that cause problems to appear much later on in the game? I don't want to mess anything up just to save a few seconds ^_~

Maybe a little off topic, but if there's a way to skip those screens, that'd be nice too...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's quite likely I misunderstood something... I've just gotten paranoid about those save states, maybe I just don't quite understand the problem?

From what I've read, using save states can be unreliable, they can cause problems with the graphics or sounds that sometimes don't appear straight away... So if I loaded a save state as the first thing I did every time I started the game, could that cause problems as I'm playing even if I just loaded a memory card save straight away?

Actually the thing I'm most worried about is this: If I were playing, save a state, then load that state, then do a memory card save... If the save state had messed up but not appeared, could the memory card save somehow be messed up as well?

Ick, that doesn't even make sense to ME... Um, basically I'm just worried that I'll get a corrupt save state, and that'll somehow cause a corrupt memory save, and I'll lose a whole lot of progress...

I'm really sorry, I'm such a newbie! :eyemove: I hope I somehow made sense in all of that...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts