Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two problems with PSXeven version 0.18

1. I can't seem to save states. The debug window will say that I've saved a state when I press F1, and say that I've loaded one when I press F3, but nothing will happen. How do I fix this.

2. I can't assign buttons on a gamepad (I'm using an AirFlo EX). The gamepad works in every other program I've tried it with. I'd also like to know how to fix this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I've tried 1.6.0 I don't really like it because I can't seem to be able to change settings after opening an ISO unless I quit the program and restart. I also prefer the PSXeven interface. So I'd like to use PSXeven if I can.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Under the main directory "psxeven" there should be a subdirectory called "states", please check if it exists or not. If not, just make a "states" directory, and make sure it's not read-only.

I have the same controller and it works fine with pad-Harakiri.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
hushypushy said:
i got crap for suggesting this in the PSXeven section last time, but....have you tried ePSXe at all?
Seriously man, if i were Xeven, i'd hunt you down and kill you with no remorse oO .

Get harakiri from ngemu's psxeven's resources, as Xeven said, works great.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
I-Chan said:
Seriously man, if i were Xeven, i'd hunt you down and kill you with no remorse oO .
i never hear you *****ing when i suggest using PSXeven in the ePSXe section :rolleyes:

honestly dude, that is the easiest solution and i've found it to work A LOT of times helping people. i've seen people with ePSXe troubles go to PSXeven and poof it works perfectly (and vice versa). no offense to Xeven or anyone else that works on emulators, sometimes you have to switch to something else. i hope Pete doesnt get mad when i suggest that someone try Eternal instead of Pete's Dsound....

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
hushypushy said:
i never hear you *****ing when i suggest using PSXeven in the ePSXe section :rolleyes:

honestly dude, that is the easiest solution and i've found it to work A LOT of times helping people. i've seen people with ePSXe troubles go to PSXeven and poof it works perfectly (and vice versa). no offense to Xeven or anyone else that works on emulators, sometimes you have to switch to something else. i hope Pete doesnt get mad when i suggest that someone try Eternal instead of Pete's Dsound....
Just joking man :p . It's just that i first like to try to solve it in the emu they are already using, and when everything else fails (or when i know for sure it's a known bug in the emu), suggest a different one. And it was too hilarious to see it twice in a few days :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Xeven said:
Under the main directory "psxeven" there should be a subdirectory called "states", please check if it exists or not. If not, just make a "states" directory, and make sure it's not read-only.
It's there, but it's read-only. I can't seem to make it not read-only. If I uncheck the read-only box, it just goes back to being checked the next time I open the properties window.

I have the same controller and it works fine with pad-Harakiri.
I downloaded it and put the joy0harakiri.dll file in the plugins folder, but I still can't get the joypad to work. I tried using the plugin manager but nothing appears in any of the windows.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Wouldn't you be playing by chance from a cd, would you?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I meant if you are loading PSXeven from a cd. Is your user administrator on the pc? You should be able to change its attributes you know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts