Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have save bound to F2 and load bound to F1, and they register when I try to bind them, but during gameplay, they refuse to work. No message pops up when I press them (I checked, I do have the messages enabled), and the point where I press the save button doesn't appear in the quick save/load menu that does show up when I press F3/F4.

·
Not a Registered User
1,558 Posts
You sure you've set the bindings correctly? post screen shot of your settings.

Worth noting is that hotkeys don't work if the game windows is not the main active window, its difficult to explain but sometimes when going full screen the game window stays in the background as if there was something on top of it.

From another thread I noticed you're using Vulcan render, try switch to DX11, there's no benefit to using one or the other performance wise bur DX may handle windows better.
One other thing you can try when the game goes full screen press left mouse click anywhere on the game to make top active window or alt+tab and select game window to do the same.

·
Not a Registered User
1,558 Posts
I've switched to D3D11, I'm certain the window is active, my bindings are as follows:
View attachment 202280
No dice.
Well you're playing on a laptop iirc, so try maybe pressing the Fn+F1-2 key.
Depending how you have your function key is set it could interfere.
Other than that I got no clue, try maybe using the hotkey not in full screen or a different hotkey like fast forward.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohhhh.
So it's not a quick save/load, it's only meant for the save navigation menu? I never would have figured that out on my own. That's kinda dumb, ngl.

Well, thanks anyway. I think I can figure this out from here.

·
Not a Registered User
1,558 Posts
Well if it helps you can use other hotkeys to save to specific slots nad even use combo hotkeys.
For example you can set F1 to load save state from slot 1 and shift+F1 to save to save state in slot 1.
Just a tip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts