Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i have a problem concerning the save state option in epsxe. I loaded the game, then tried to load the save state in the slot I assigned it to, (it has always worked before) and now, none of the save states are there. and they're all gone...ack! why? i looked in the sstates directory to see if they were missing, but it seems that they are all in there. however, again it won't show up while i'm running the game. any help to resolve this problem would great appreciated because i just reached disc 4 on Final Fantasy 9 and i really really don't wanna start over cause it seemed more convienent to use the save slots as opposed to the memory cards.

Thanks for reading.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Hi Ninjaguy, savestates are based on the current cd's game code, which means for multidisk games, e.g. ff9, you'd have 4 different disk codes (anybody, please kill me later if im wrong), my theory is that this is your problem, epsxe is looking for savestates named after the current disk,i.e disk4, which you haven't made any yet. What you could do is do a SAVEGAME before going to disk 4, and load the savegame at disk 4. Then you can go on going about using good old savestates. Another way is just change the disk when asked, then do a savestate on the new disk(disk 4). Or an awkward way of doing it is do a savestate before going to disk4, rename the savestate according to the disk4 code, change the disk to disk4 and load the savesate, which might or might not work. In theory, there should be no problems with this, although i'm not at all sure and its too damn complicated and uncalled for. So best do one of the former.

I hope this helps in some way. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey Xeven, Thanks Alot for your reply and pointing out the mere fact (not only and i an idiot) that last time I saved was on disc 3 and i haven't saved since then. how could I of missed something so simply logical... Anyways. I wanna thank you again for your solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts