Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been playing legend of dragon on ePSXe 2.0.2 and suddenly ran into a problem. Originally my memory cards were filled so I checked the box for using a new card for each game and had no problems until today. I had saved and hit escape to take a break. When I came back I used run-Continue to go back to the game. My computer crashed and when I got it back up and running I started the game back up. Everything g seemed fine but my saved game was gone. Now here's where the real problem is. The game save file is still in the folder but the emulator says it's not there. I have went into config and set the paths directly to those 2 save files using search and still nothing. I was just starting disc 3 and I really dont want to start again. Somebody please help! I've searched everywhere and cant find anything on this.

·
Registered
311 Posts
(a) if you want to select manually the card in use, you need to disable card use per game.

(b) if you want to continue using the automatic card per game, then, you will need to rename the card that supposedly has the save to the name and to the directory that the epsxe uses automatically.

cheers!

·
Registered
311 Posts
if you want to send your saves I can take a look. but the impression is that you have nothing saved. they may have been corrupted or simply deleted during the crash.

cheers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(a) if you want to select manually the card in use, you need to disable card use per game.

(b) if you want to continue using the automatic card per game, then, you will need to rename the card that supposedly has the save to the name and to the directory that the epsxe uses automatically.

cheers!
if you want to send your saves I can take a look. but the impression is that you have nothing saved. they may have been corrupted or simply deleted during the crash.

cheers!
Let me know how to send them. I really want to fix this and not have to start over

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so in the games folder the SCUS files are legend of dragoon. The ones that say copy are copies where I have started the game over and saved to the copies. The other two are the original files where I was on disc 3. I should also note that no cheats can be loaded for the game at all anymore. I had no active cheats when the computer crashed. Cheats and saves are working fine for literally every other game but this one.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Diantha94, using the programs "Memcardrex 1.9" and "MCM" I only found content in 2 files. only in "epsxe000.mcr" and "Road Rash-00.mcr". and neither of them has any content related to the Legend of Dragoon. (SCUS-94491/94584/94585/94586)

using a hexadecimal reader on the same files (HxD.exe, and although I don't read in hexadecimal) the contents of the files have remained the same. there are things written only in the two files mentioned, all other files being just 0s or a simple sequence that suggests that they are clean files.

I believe your save has been completely lost.

sorry!

·
Sage of Life, Reason,Time
26 Posts
So I've been playing legend of dragon on ePSXe 2.0.2 and suddenly ran into a problem. Originally my memory cards were filled so I checked the box for using a new card for each game and had no problems until today. I had saved and hit escape to take a break. When I came back I used run-Continue to go back to the game. My computer crashed and when I got it back up and running I started the game back up. Everything g seemed fine but my saved game was gone. Now here's where the real problem is. The game save file is still in the folder but the emulator says it's not there. I have went into config and set the paths directly to those 2 save files using search and still nothing. I was just starting disc 3 and I really dont want to start again. Somebody please help! I've searched everywhere and cant find anything on this.
btw why are u using ePSXe v2.0.2?
v2.0.5 is the latest version as of June 2016

Reactions: ofernandofilo
1 - 13 of 13 Posts