Next Generation Emulation banner

Save Game Issues

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Squall-Leonhart 
#1 ·
I recently started playing Pokemon Fire Red using Visualboy Advance version 1.7.2. I got pretty far in the game and then I heard about V-link. So I dl'd V-link from the site and read a couple of tutorials on setting it up. But first I had to transfer save files and I am having troubles with that. I have tried changin extensions on my PokemonFireRed(U)1.sgm to a .sa1 and also a .sg1. The sg1 is the only one the V-link visualboy recognized, but when I loaded it into the emulator, it loaded in a strange, unrecognizable display of colors and then became stuck. At first I thought it was because my save setting was at Flash 64k, but I made a new save with Flash 128k and it still didn't work. Thanks for any help, I've been working on this for a while now.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Ok. So if I want to load my old games, I have to actually save my progress in the game through the game menu? And if so, I keep getting error saying "please exchange the backup memory."

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Sorry to keep bothering you, but we have almost everything working. Except when the lady leads us into the back room, we get a communication error, and a prompt to reset the power. Thanks for the help sorry for the numerous questions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.