Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey...i got all the way to elite four in fire red and now before i face my rival i need to know how to save so i dont have to start all over again...is there any way i can save in game after ive already started playing?! PLEASE HELP:(

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
you can't (should've fixed the issue before hand sucker)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
nah it's too late...he needed that battery save just before he went to face the elite four...so squall is correct.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
The problem is that that's a critical point in the game's open ending (game+ type ending) which requires a battery save from just before that entire challenge is attempted cuz once that fight is done the credits roll and that main part of the game is over HOWEVER what the game does then is return you to your battery save from just before you started fighting the Elite 4 (which he does not have) and unlocks a new area and you are then meant to turn around and leave the current area and head for the new unlocked area so that you can capture a one-time Legendary Pokemon (without which you never truly complete the game) and basically just continue forever with the game+ ending.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
I have never tried, so I only suggest you look into VBA Link (make sure to read all the guides and FAQs on their homepage).
http://www.vbalink.info/

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
fairly sure it requires saving as well....

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
oops...forgot about the lack of battery save for a second there....well then you're screwed just not getting Mewtwo.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
....i wonder if theres a patchable memory range which can disable the battery check..

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
It's not a battery check though...it's basically just an alternate ending resuming from just before the original ending...which is why it needs a save from just before...if he wanted to he could face the elite four over and over again in an endless loop always returning from that save.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.