Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i transfer save files from a epsxe of one computer, to the next computer? i copied and pastd into the mem folder of the epsxe, and configured the epsxe to use those two memcard files. however on Legend of Dragoon it says its not there... what gives?

·
.:Enigmatic Protagonist:.
2,283 Posts
Check if you're using save-state or memory cards to save your progress :

* If using sstate then copy the sstate folder (instead of copying sstate files).

* If using mem cards, then copy the memcards folder (instead of copying the .MCR files).

NOTE :* Make sure to exit your ePSXe application, by pushing ESC botton, then selecting : FILE/EXIT.

·
.:Enigmatic Protagonist:.
2,283 Posts
You can always copy the two .MCR files, but copying the whole folder will solve any problem within the copying process of your save-data :p

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Run BIOS to check what saves you have on the card.
Just a note: Savestates too contain memorycards, if you are using them in conjuction with memcards that could be the reason your save is outdated or missing.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Run BIOS to check what saves you have on the card.
Just a note: Savestates too contain memorycards, if you are using them in conjuction with memcards that could be the reason your save is outdated or missing.
Rarely do savestates override the current memory card.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
I haven't said that savestates override memcards. I simply said that saves in savestates could be more up to date then the ones ones found on the cards.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
never has this been a case in any of my games, this problem is more likely to occur is the mem card has never been used.

·
Registered
1 Posts

* If using sstate then copy the sstate folder (instead of copying sstate files).

* If using mem cards, then copy the memcards folder (instead of copying the .MCR files).

NOTE :* Make sure to exit your ePSXe application, by pushing ESC botton, then selecting : FILE/EXIT.

Will the epsxe application know to use the new save states folder?

·
Not a Registered User
1,427 Posts
Will the epsxe application know to use the new save states folder?
If you put them in the same folder they should work just fine, but they may not work if the version of ePSXe is different, like 1.9v save states won't work with 2.0.6.

Thou personally I advice to ditch ePSXe and go Duck 🦆.
It's a much better PS1 emulator with simpler setup, better performance and is actively being worked on.
Lastly you can just copy your ePSXe memory cards to it, but not save states of course

1 - 11 of 11 Posts