Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this isn't a common issue that's asked a lot. It's the first time I've run into it at least, and I did make a search of the board.

My problem is that my save files appear to delete themselves and revert to ones from days ago, causing me to lose a bunch of data. This first happened with Suikoden Tierkreis. I thought perhaps it was a problem with the game and moved on to Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Then it happened again. It doesn't even revert to the most recent save before last, but to ones from a few days ago. It's quite frustrating, really.

I'd really like to figure out what causes this and avoid it so that it never happens again. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
My guess is that No$GBA crashed before you ended the game. That way, the .sav-file is not written/updated. That can result in the error you describe. To limit the amount of data lost, you should reload the game every time you save, using the Cartridge Menu (simple resetting isn't enough) or by closing No$.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah! I'm sure you got it. I recall that the last time this happened, my computer had crashed in the middle of playing; something about a display driver failure (which is actually fairly worrisome. Any tips on this? =P). I don't remember if it was the same way with Tierkreis, but it sounds plausible.

So no$gba doesn't actually make a save until it's turned off? Good to know, and a lesson well learned for me.

Thanks a lot for the help.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
You're welcome. About the display driver: you should update your graphics driver software (go to the manufacturer's website) and DirectX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.