Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After I activate a cheat and use it, I save and shut down the emulator and get this message:

"cannot rename cheats file from no gbaxx.cht to no gba.cht"

I tried searching this site and google. Please help!

EDIT: I also made sure the cheat was for my region as well

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
Be sure that your .cht file is not write-protected. Also, with this little information on your system specs, No$GBA version and game our ability to help you is pretty limited.
Also, was a previous save corrupted by this cheat or did you only lose the progress you made in that session?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I make sure my .cht is not write-protected? It looks as if I have all the permissions available to me.

My system is a AMD X4 Phenom 2.6 GHZ, MSI Motherboard, 4 gigs of DDR2 800MHz RAM, and dual ATI 4800 HD series graphics card, connected together with Crossfire. Custom built to boot. I am the admin on a Windows 7 RC1 PC.

The NO$GBA version is v.2.6

The game, I don't know how to find out much about the game, but it is 99.7 MB, it is an .nds file, and that's about all I know. If there's anything else that you need to know, could you please tell me how to acquire this information?

Thanks.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
Rightclick on No$GBA.cht->Properties->General tab
There should be checkboxes with Read-only, Archived, Hidden and System. Read-only should be unchecked.
Also, which game do you have problems with?

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
For some reason, Platinum codes don't work with No$GBA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.