Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey can someone make a DOS converter or something that can translate .SAV files to .SRM for me i have been looking for one for sometime now and i just cant find one. I would write one myself if i knew how lol but unfortunately for me i dont. I got a plam treo and i have some saved files on my comp for some games that i have started on my PC but my emulator for my palm wont run .SAV and that is what is on my PC, so i need to convert them all to SRAM which is what my emu runs. If you could write one for me i would greatly appreciate it. if you can please email me at [email protected]. thanks :( oO

there are 2 sample files attached if you decide to write this for me.

or IM me on AIM at vanhalenrz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its SAV, im not sure of an emulator that runs emulator that runs em but they are the files most commonly downloaded from the internet if you download a save state for a gameboy emulator. SRM files are SRam i have an emulator for my treo called LJP or LIttle John Paul it runs like 10 dif systems, but thats besides the point. it creates save states in sram and i need to convert the sav files i have to sram so i can play em on my palm emu.

·
Transcended
1,421 Posts
Oh sorry. Yoiks! So you want to convert save states created by one emulator into another? Gee... that's a tough job. You might have better luck converting a save file into different formats (like converting VGS-ePSXe memory cards for example), but not states. Unless they actually just dump the memory space into a similar looking structure, but I have lots of doubt.

·
War Games coder
1,927 Posts
The only reasonable way to approach that is if both emulators had open sourced their save states in their entirety. Open source emulators are of course possible, but the closed source emulators... well, unless the authors themselves write one, you're probably out of luck.

·
War Games coder
1,927 Posts
And 1964 has its sources available, and likely also the author wrote that in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.