Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried Satourne 2.0 beta 3. Since the previous versions always gave me problems with real Saturn CDs (I would start the emulation and the emulation window would always remain black) and this version also supports ISOs, that's the plugin I selected. A message appeared in the plugin selection window, telling me that "audio tracks must be in OGG Vorbis format".
Now the problem is, I don't know how to dump a Saturn CD so that the data portion will be dumped as one file and each audio track as an OGG file.
I dumped my Daytona USA CD (NTSC-U) with CDRWin, thinking "ah, what the hell, in the worst case I won't hear the music" and got a CUE file and BIN file. I selected the BIN file in the emulator, I configured the path to the Saturn BIOS and started the emulation. The BIOS animation played fine, but after it, the audio CD screen appeared.
1) Is it because the ISO was not in the format it was supposed to be? (in that case, how do I dump the CD to the correct format?)
2) Is it because I have a European BIOS, while the game is NTSC-U?

·
Miserable Bugger
1,090 Posts
Personally when copy my games to image files, I just use Nero to copy them.

Then I mount the resultant image in Daemon Tools and run the game from there.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Getting satourne to work seems to be closer and closer to impossible, given how outdated it is.

Last time I tried it, it couldn't read mounted images, and the iso reader only worked with 2048 mode files without audio - and even then, it didn't boot the game due to region settings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts