Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am trying to set up a satourne emulator but I have a couple of issues. First I am not exacty sure while file is the action replay bios or if it is even in the emulator I have. The second is when I try to make a path to a game none of the files that the game was zipped do not come up, i.e the mdf and mds files. I cannot select them as the stv roms path. Not really too sure what I am doing wrong. Any advice will help, thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all,

I am trying to set up a satourne emulator but I have a couple of issues. First I am not exacty sure while file is the action replay bios or if it is even in the emulator I have. The second is when I try to make a path to a game none of the files that the game was zipped do not come up, i.e the mdf and mds files. I cannot select them as the stv roms path. Not really too sure what I am doing wrong. Any advice will help, thanks.
You need a saturn bios file with the .BIN extension, the action replay bios is useless if you want to run games. STV is the arcade counterpart of the saturn hardware, and used cartridges. So setting the STV rom path to point to a CD image of a saturn game is completely useless. Easiest way to use those is to load them up in a CD/DVD drive emulator like daemon tools and point the saturn CD drive path to the virtual drive.

You're probably better off using SSF anyways. Satourne hasn't been updated in almost 3 years now, while SSF is still being worked on at a predigious rate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts