Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
few days ago I wanted to copy some files from my friends PC, but since the file is kinda big (around 220MB) I decided to bring my HDD, the problem is my HDD is PATA and my friend is using SATA, when I connected my drives, his pc become unable to boot into windows it prompts something thatrelated to NVIDIA RAID and it stuck in there, and if I set my HDD become the first boot priority, it prompts "boot disk failure, please...bla bla bla" but if I remove my HDD, his pc boot correctly as usual, so can anyone help me? thx.

·
Spriggan
443 Posts
Jumpers set correctly you may have both the hard drives set to master!

Sounds like a good reason to pick up a flash drive...a 256 mb one can't cost more that $20.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
220mb? May i suggest cd-rw or even dvd-+rw.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
umm... the problem is I already have a flashdisk 128MB and my friend pc doesn't have CD-RW or even DVD-+RW, and I don't see any jumper on SATA HDD, also I already set my HDD jumper to master and DVD ROM to slave. is there any jumper on SATA HDD?

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
SATA's dont have jumpers. try setting your hard drive to slave and if that doesnt work
check the boot sequence in the bios

its normal that you cant boot your os as your friend probably doesnt have the same hardware as you

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
My friend had a similar problem saturday.
He plugged in a Pata drive on his MOBO, a Intel Perl, and the system didnt want to boot from his Sata drive anymore.
He said "whatever new HW i plug, becames the 1st boot device in the bios".
He said it also happens when plugging his USB pen drive.

The solution? In the Bios boot sequence part, he disabled the Pata drive from booting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts