Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Santa real.?

If one proceeds to understand the logical reason for "real" than no Santa is not real.

If one proceeds to use Faith as a legitimate cause for "reality" than Santa for some (especially kids) is real. Just as their is no evidence of God, there is no evidence of Santa..but faith.

Hmmmm oh well I still believe in Santa :wub:

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
grow up man lol

but personally i believe in neither. god, no cos its as good as believing in superman.

santa, sorry nobody could fly round to every single persons house in the world which is in excess of 20-40 billion homes delivering presents all within 12 hours. especially when youve seen your parents and helped them put them out.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Be careful at night though... nasty ogres may be hiding under your bed ready to kill you. I know that most people say they don't exists but... have you evidence that they don't exist?

/me goes buy a shotgun just in case

·
Registered
416 Posts
hm :/ Santa Claus/Nikolaus (<< the holy, deathdate 6.12. whatever) existed, right?
but wasn't the Santa Claus (red clothes) created by coca cola? o_O

·
Registered
145 Posts
he was real, but not in the same sense as kids are told today. Saint Nicholas was a gift-giver and so the story has been changed somewhat (chinese whispers) over the years.
I remember reading that the modern day image of santa was created in part by coca cola as the colour of his clothes (Red) is representative of coca cola.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kaiser Sigma said:
Be careful at night though... nasty ogres may be hiding under your bed ready to kill you. I know that most people say they don't exists but... have you evidence that they don't exist?

/me goes buy a shotgun just in case

omg...i never thought of ogres under my bed..omg..i cant sleep now n00000 hehe j/k True though can you prove they dont exist? does have merit..hmmm i can feel a surge of paranoia coming on to me.. lol :wub: :wub:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Geez, I thought everyone knew about the whole Santa conspiracy. He's real. He manages to hit all the houses 'cause of his extremely quick reindeer and time zones. That's how he does it in 12 hours. And there's more bad kids than you'll ever know. Don't believe me, just walk into a grocery store and watch those kids.

But in all seriousness, Santa was ruined when I was 8. I woke up and watched my mom pull 3 decent sized garbage bags out of the closet. And then put them under the tree. Lots of Ninja Turtle stuff that year.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Reindeer+Steroids=Santa Exists :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
"Santa Clause" ST. Nick is real, way back in the olden days he was a man who brought toys for orphans. Of course parents turned him into a myth with all their LIES!!! DIRTY LIERS!!!

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
Its easy to prove Santa is not real. First off, how can he delever presents to houses with no chimeney. Also why were the cookies and milk thousands of kids put out for him uneaten. Leave a hidden camera in your living room on christmas eve and see if some fat guy in a red suit comes by with gifts. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bill_gates said:
Its easy to prove Santa is not real. First off, how can he delever presents to houses with no chimeney. Also why were the cookies and milk thousands of kids put out for him uneaten. Leave a hidden camera in your living room on christmas eve and see if some fat guy in a red suit comes by with gifts. :rolleyes:

He's invisible i tell you ! invisible just like the ogres under my bed and my invisible friend Barny :eyemove:

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
One view...
Ole Saint Nick was a good man that brought toys to kids, and became a spirit that slides down chimneys and rides a carriage drawn by flying reindeer

Another view
Santa is actually Satan with a few letters reversed...He also happens to war red, and was created to take people's minds off the true purpose of the holiday... The birth of Jesus

My name is Boltz / Proto view
There is no scientific evidence to suggest that Santa or Jesus is real, and the holiday serves no other purpose then to buy crap, and warp young children's minds

·
Registered
175 Posts
Santa spends all year eating chocolates and very fatty chinese foods, hence the reason why he is so fat..

Santy clause only works 1 day in a year, no wonder he is so fat.. that lazy son of a..

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Ok, obviously if you arent totally thick you will know that no holly jolly fat man will jiggly down the chimney to every house on Christmas. /me looks at bill gates. DUH ITS YOUR PARENTS MAN

Anyways, if you analyze it to hell, you have obviously missed the "new" purpose. Its for children to enjoy, and its just one of thoes magical memories you can always cherish as a kid. Sure it may be bombarded to hell with advertising and capitalism, and uh even religion. Sure believe in religion, dont force it down your childrens throats. Enjoy the holiday season even if you dont believe.

Basically enjoy your time together this holiday season, stop *****ing, fighting, and raving about X religious belief or scientific improbability.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
The Aviator said:
If one proceeds to use Faith as a legitimate cause for "reality" than Santa for some (especially kids) is real. Just as their is no evidence of God, there is no evidence of Santa..but faith.
/me thinks that someone has been reading too much Terry Pratchet. 'Children believe in the Hogfather; therefore he exists'

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Popuri said:
hm :/ Santa Claus/Nikolaus (<< the holy, deathdate 6.12. whatever) existed, right?
but wasn't the Santa Claus (red clothes) created by coca cola? o_O
Nikolaus, Nicolaas, it's all the same person: an old bisshop of Mira (iirc) who gave presents to children at his birthday (which was the 6th of Decembe)
Even though this guy has been dead for hundreds of years children here still get presents at the 5th or 6th of december. I think the Americans imported this idea, and changed the story a bit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts