Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well folks,

I'm having the following problem playing Saga Frontier 1.

If I save a state using f1 key, when I load it with F3 key I got a black screen, but it loads the state cause I can click and hear the sounds of my clicking...

I tried both 1.60 and 1.52 EPSXE versions....

I'm using Windows XP, with a Athlon 2.4+, 512mb DDR 400 memory and GForce FX 5200 128Mb DDR 400 Video Board..

I'm using Pete's OpenGL driver 1.75 / Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 / ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2. / SCPH1001.BIN

Any help I'd really appreciate!

Kisses

Adele

Ps: I forgot to tell, after the black screen, even if I reset the Game I still get black screen, I must exit and load the Saga Frontier.Bin again to play it! :(

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
That's pretty common with save states. Try to use only memcards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think it is some configuration error, because I had save states and load states working properly before. But now, it doesn't load properly except in battle. Are you guys sure there's no way to fix this? Originally it was running fine for me - I could save and load anywhere with no problem. (I'm using Pete's OpenGL)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! I had alredy forgotten this post! :p But thanks anyway.... I have gave up of this game! >(

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
It all depends. If you made a save-state at a state when the computer is processing data from the game (e.g loading from a memcard), you risk corrupting the save-state.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Savestates work with Saga Frontier, but as people suggested, don't rely solely on them. They cause strange issues sometimes.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
69 Posts
Reviving this because I have the exact same issue!
When I try to reload SaGa Frontier state, I get a black screen issue
I don't seem to have a similar issue with any other game I tried
I tested several plugins & setting but still get black screen

Has anyone ever worked out a fix around this?
It is a very hard game where you can die at any battle, states use is crucial

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, after all these years no one gave a proper answer. I've just had the same problem with Epsxe 2.0.5, the game would load save states with a black screen, and I've figured out that the problem is related to the BIOS file. In my case, I've solved it by changing my BIOS to scph7502, I was using Dtlh3000.

·
Not a Registered User
1,388 Posts
Wow, after all these years no one gave a proper answer. I've just had the same problem with Epsxe 2.0.5, the game would load save states with a black screen, and I've figured out that the problem is related to the BIOS file. In my case, I've solved it by changing my BIOS to scph7502, I was using Dtlh3000.
Yeah I doubt anyone would guess that one cause "Dtlh3000" is a development kit BIOS not meant for playing games and obviously not meant for emulation.

Consumer Editions
# SCPH-1000 - The original badboy. Released in Japan on 12/3/94.
# SCPH-1001 - The original (North American) badboy. Released in North America on 9/9/95. Did not feature S-Video output port like the 1000.
# SCPH-1002 - The original (European) badboy. Had no S-Video like the 1001.
# SCPH-3000 - Japanese revision.
# SCPH-3500 - Japanese revision. No longer featured S-Video output port.
# SCPH-5003 - Asian revision.
# SCPH-5500 - Japanese revision. CD drive mech was relocated, onboard electronics shortened by ~20 percent, seperate ports for A/V composite output were replaced by the A/V Multi Out port.
# SCPH-5501 - North American version of the 5500.
# SCPH-5502 - European version of the 5500.
# SCPH-5552 - European revision.
# SCPH-5903 - Special white-colored "Video CD" edition of the PS, released only in greater Asia.
# SCPH-7000 - First Japanese 'Dual Shock' hardware revision. System now came with one Dual Shock (SCPH-1200) controller, and now featured a light show program called SoundScope in the CD player menu (this was actually a stripped-down version of Baby Universe).
# SCPH-7001 - North American 7000.
# SCPH-7002 - European 7000.
# SCPH-7003 - Asian 7000.
# SCPH-7500 - Japanese revision. More motherboard reductions, revised system BIOS. Sony released this as a "mod-proof" system, but was cracked pretty quickly (of course!).
# SCPH-7501 - North American 7500.
# SCPH-7502 - European 7500.
# SCPH-7503 - Updated Japanese 7500.
# SCPH-9000 - Japanese revision. More motherboard reductions, plus total removal of Parallel I/O port to try and foil those making cheat devices and other such products that fit into the port. Last PS hardware revision series until SCPH-100 redesign.
# SCPH-9001 - North American 9000.
# SCPH-9002 - European 9000.
# SCPH-9003 - Asian 9000.
# SCPH-100 - Also known as the PS one. Unit size reduced by one-third, power supplied by external AC adapter as opposed to internal power block. Revamped BIOS interface. Original Japanese version.
# SCPH-101 - North American 100.
# SCPH-102 - European 100.

Developer/Non-Consumer Editions:
# DTL-H1001 - Original blue-colored PS, only available to developers and gaming publications. Featured 8MB of RAM. Has no regional lockouts, so users are able to play all North American and Japanese software without fault, as well as pre-production software on CD-R media.
# DTL-H1201 - Revision of the H1001.
# DTL-H1001H - Grey version of DTL-H1001. Not much else known.
# DTL-3000 - Also known as the Net Yaroze. Enabled consumers to create their own PS software. Like the H1001, could play all manner of PS software.
# DTL-H3000
# DTL-H3001 - This and the H3000 are odd, seemingly consumer versions of the Net Yaroze, save for no inclusion of development accessories. Both are a lighter black, however, and have a textured crystalized paint finish. Known as the "PlayStation Worldwide."
# SCPH-2000 - Another all-region PS. Nothing else known.
From: Some information about PSX BIOS numbers | Dingoonity.org - The Dingoo Community

1 - 12 of 12 Posts