Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's been ages since I last posted here, and most people probably don't even know me. Anyway, I just wanted to express my feelings right now, since this forum has been a very familiar place to me for a long time.

Right now I'm having the worst feeling I ever had in my life: a deep sadness which is leading me to depression, I think. Well, here's what happened: 2004 was a great year for me. I met a wonderful girl, and she made me the happiest guy in the world. She is pretty, fun, smart, cute, and I love her more than anything in my life. We study together in USP (University of São Paulo - Brazil). Anyway, she has applied for an exchange program in France, and after a hard selection proccess, she has been approved. Now, we have to give up our perfect relationship (believe me, it's really perfect) because she's going to France for 2 and a half years. Her approval has just been published, and we only have a couple of months before she has to leave. We are both very sad :cry:. But there's nothing we can do. All her family want her to go, and indeed it's a great oportunity, and it will certainly help her in the future, when trying to get a job. I really wish she could stay, but there's absolutely nothing I can do. I can't stop thinking about her every second, and I get very sad knowing that the best thing that ever happened to me will simply disappear. Today she is an essencial part of my life, we go out every single day. I can't imagine my life without her, it will be completely empty.

Anyway, thanks to the ones who read all this. I know it's my problem, and I understand the ones who simply ignore this thread. I just wanted to express my feelings right now:cry:

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Yes , that's sadness . There is one question . If you really love her , can you wait for these 2 and half years for her ?
It's not like it's over , it's like a prison , where you suffer but at the end you'll return to your happy life .
Don't stop sending her messages or better chatting with her . You can be her wall where she can lean on during her trip . You can make her able to carry on .

Good luck . And yes I don't know you :p

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Sure enough, I don't think that anything I say will change how you feel. Being separated from somebody whom you really care about is incredibly hard. I know from experience since my girl and I live in different countries. Just try to talk to her everyday when she's away and keep the communication going. You'll learn to get used to it after awhile (yes I know it sounds terribly insensitive, but you might as well accept it) and pretty soon 2 years will be over. Then you can be together again.

Nice to see you again Zephon :)

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I didn't know you were a fellow brazilian, Zephon ;) (I'm from Rio de Janeiro, BTW).

Anyway, it's not like this will be the end of your relationship (at least not necessarily). 2 years and a half is not that much time, and if you two truly love each other, you can wait this long.

I and my GF will probably face something similar in the near-future, because of med-school (for her). And it'll be a much longer time too.

But, as Xeven said, there's nothing we can say to change how you feel. But you do have my best wishes and sympathy nonetheless :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes man, that is really sad...
I have a girlfriend too and i cannot even imagine the same situation with myself...
I know that you can wait but you are afraid if your girlfriend could do it too.
You know that you must let her go if you love her, you cannot be an agoist...
But you can always try to apply for the next exchange program if it will be...
Cheer up!

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
I don't know the feeling you speak about but I agree with Boltzmann and Xeven... you will manage to get a way to handle it. That's the best I can say since I can not (and I'm sure no one else can) feel what you feel right now... best of luck though...

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
I know the feeling exactly ( my girl is in Japan, 12 hours from where I live )

I'm a student myself but with some extra work, I manage to save up enough to visit her every now and when ( not as often as she visits me though ), this way you have something to look forward to, on holidays and so on. Not sure if you can make this kind of money in Brazil easily though.

·
Registered
416 Posts
cloudvii said:
>>>if i would be in this situation again ... i think i would prefer to break up. T-T

Break up ? That's not true love :(

It's not a real life to wait more over 2 years for a person. you will be only lucky if you travel to her/him (if you can) and the rest of the time u look on the calender, count the days or have very expensive telephone calls. ~_~ thats really horrible and makes depressive.
I would not bear this. ;_;

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
just remember it's not the end of the world and you should be just fine. Well, I guess it's easy for me to say, but you will cope with it sooner or later.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I too know how it feels like a bit...but its a whole different ballgame in my current situation...but still today I am facing the fact that I'll never again see nor hear the person I care for so much and love with all of my heart...and there isn't **** I can do about it...

for what it's worth...good luck dude...you're not gonna be the only one waiting...

btw,stratovarius - forever is a beautiful song....

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I'm still there
Everywhere
I'm the dust in the wind
I'm the star in the northern sky......

Yup, it's one beautifull song that's for sure :) Make sure to get the live version;)

I hope the best for you and your gf Zephon. I hope that if you keep in contact you will be able to be happy together again after she's come home. It's hard to think positive about the current situation, but if you both want to keep the relationship, nothing is impossible :)

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
I've been in your situation before, Zephon. Long distance relationships are possible, but they are very hard and are filled with pot holes. Especially since the relationship wasn't long distance to start with. If she and you are ready for those challenges, then having a long distance relationship will be possible. But if both of you have any doubts, be careful what you decide. People can change in 2 years time. Things, events, and feelings can happen that don't happen in a close distance relationship. I learned a long time ago that sometimes letting someone you love/care about go is the best decision. It's going to be very hard and you will feel awful for a while. But both of you will remain friends and who knows, maybe when she comes back, you can start your relationship again.

You can use those 2 years to grow yourself. I know you won't like me saying this, but there are other girls out there. Keep an open mind. You are still young. You have your whole life ahead of you and it will be filled with hard decisions like this, but it will also be filled with similar happiness that you have in your current relationship.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Good to see you again Zephon..we wish your return brought more lighthearted news, but keep in mind the beauty of this community (sometimes ;) ). You can share your feelings here, and there will always be one to share your sentiment.

And so we leave our little 2 cents

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...
Sometimes you must release your grip on love, and set it free. If it comes back to you, that love will be yours forever...

Long distance relationships are hard, but not impossible..2 years may seem like a long time, but chatting, letters and pics, and phone calls can bridge the gap. Also keep in mind that she will occasionally return to be with family, and that this gives you an excuse to visit France. The hard part is keeping the love alive..thats where you need to keep the fond memories alive...It's all in how much effort the both of you are willing to make...In the meantime, enjoy the time you do have...and make more memories worth remembering ;)

·
band
4,912 Posts
Yup, long distance isnt impossible at all. heck my parents were separated for 4 yrs while my dad went to study in England, tho my mom did visit him once (they knew each other in highschool). so, i wish you the best dude, if u love each other enuff, everything will work out in the end!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Sorry to hear that Zephon, well, if you tell me where she goes, I can keep an eye on her and make sure she's safe :evil:

·
Registered
22 Posts
its an opportunity to bag some other chicks without her knowing it. Bag as many as you can , you only have two years!!!! One new chick a week, thats like one hundred and four different chicks. Go for it!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts