Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well... that's really sad news. Of course we'll miss linuz and be grateful for all the work he did in pcsx2, but we still have saqib, refraction and shadow, so just keep doing the good work you always do. Hey, you're a team :)

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
I can say on behalf of the team, he will be sorely missed, he is a great programmer and done much for us and the emulation community, it was definately a sad loss.

But worry not folks, PCSX2 will keep on going, Saqib is taking over as team leader (afaik) and going to play a more active role, so there is no chance it will die :)

Linuz if youre reading this, if you have a change of heart, wed love you to come back :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good luck in life Linuzappz, I hope everything works out for you! I greatly appreciate all the work you've done with PCSX2.

Whenever I read things like this, it always reminds me of UltraHLE and RealityMan. I know there's differents reasons for each but it just feels like the same kind of blow.

·
Registered
218 Posts
TuTukun said:
this sux :(. Cant blame Linuz tho we all have a life to live...
yea, that's some extremely sad news. :( . we'll all miss ya, and I wish you good luck at getting that date ;). Well I guess life gives you such curve balls from time to time and you just need to deal with them. Keep up the great work, and congrats to the promotion of Project Leader.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
I can understand things in real life keeping people from being able to carry on a project like this. So I'm sure the decision for linuz wasn't easy. However, there is hope: Refraction and Saqib are VERY dedicated in seeing this project to the end, and I'm positive we will one day have the emu of our dreams.:D

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Indeed, linuz quiting pcsx2 is a major blow to the project, but we will still continue and linuz will still pop in sometime or the other to lend a hand in problems we have. About the project leader, afaik it's going to be shadow, seeing linuz and shadow started the project and I joined a bit later. So according to me, shadow is the team leader now. And don't worry, i'll be doing my best to see this project to the end or more ;)

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
saqibakhtar said:
Indeed, linuz quiting pcsx2 is a major blow to the project, but we will still continue and linuz will still pop in sometime or the other to lend a hand in problems we have. About the project leader, afaik it's going to be shadow, seeing linuz and shadow started the project and I joined a bit later. So according to me, shadow is the team leader now. And don't worry, i'll be doing my best to see this project to the end or more ;)
and ill be with you all the way buddy :)

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
I guess things like this are bound to happen during emulation development, good Luck linuz!

It's great to see that the project is still alive even after something like this happening though!, it proves PCSX 2 stands strong!

·
Aim 4 the stars...
574 Posts
<sigh> :cry: .... i guess he has to live his own life too... my respect goes out to him. He is the one who started this great project... a great person.
A sad day indeed...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.