Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone playing this? This game really flew in under the radar. I tried the demo because I was bored and maaan, I had it bought on steam the same day.

Think Diablo, with some obvious WoW elements, minus the grind.
I'm loving it.

·
The one and only
3,658 Posts
i didnt really like it. story was pretty bad i played maybe an hour or two in as shadow warrior or whatever cause i like summons. not a huge variety of weapons. game mechanics are pretty well done, but just couldnt keep me interested.

·
The one and only
3,658 Posts
the armors not too good either. all the lances look the same and arent the cool, really long kinds.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I'm interested in the music, have been a Blind Guardian fan for years. If there's a demo I'll check it out one day. Thanks for the headsup, I'm interested now. :)

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Was planning on buying it once it was released through Steam. However I think 50$ is alot for the game and I don't feel like downloading it. If I see it in stores for aroun 40$ ill probably buy it.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
I haven't played my copy of Sacred since the devs stated on their forums that anyone trying to run the game from a virtual drive (I could post pics of the discs I BOUGHT) is a PIRATE.

I run all my games from virtual drives....cd's/dvd's just aren't durable enough for everyday usage imo.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I played Sacred 1 and I wasn't impressed with it. It was a confusing, disorganized mess of a boring version of Diablo 2.

Sacred 2, I don't know yet since I haven't played it. My cousin with similar tastes (actually, even less picky than me) wasn't impressed with the demo. The videos I've seen look painfully boring both in fighting speed, and skill usage. And the reviews have been subpar - not to mention it has a lower average score than Sacred 1.

In general, I find these types of games need the random level generation. While some have proven mildly interesting without it (like Titan Quest), they do eventually get stale.

I'll give it a whirl sooner or later, but I definitely don't expect much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts