Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Believe in Harmony
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get videos to play on my tv using the s-video cable. Everything else shows fine on the tv, but when a video is playing, that spot is just blank (it shows on my laptop though). I was told that it might have something to do with hardware acceleration, so I tried disabling. However, that causes some of my videos to not show at all (not on the laptop or tv). Some include KH's intro that was recorded using Pcsx2 and a mario speed run I got from speeddemosarchive.com

Anybody know what could be going on?

·
Believe in Harmony
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'm in cloning mode right now, how would one go about doing switching view? I think my laptop has an integrated Radeon IGP 345 or something that sounds like that. Turning off overlay mode in WMP helped with most videos getting to play, but I can't seem to get DVDs to work now.

By pure luck, I did get a DVD to play somehow on the screen. I can't seem to reproduce that result though. Anybody know how I can get DVDs to work on my tv through an S-video cable? Turning off overlay for WMP (the one under the DVD section of performance) didn't help.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,398 Posts
right mouse click on desktop -> properietes -> last tab ('setup' - dunno if it's proper translations)-> advanced than go to tab view or screen (also dunno how it stands in english version ;) ) you will get to the point that's on the screen, first option says -> single display/view second is switch display/view, third is which I made by myself ;) it turns on all views (but than I can only see movies on my laptop screen) choose the second option and try if it works.

·
Believe in Harmony
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANK YOU KanedA. Showing me that screen was amazing help. I made the tv my main display while my laptop screen was considered the clone. Thus, my DVDs now play on the tv.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Thread Hijack :p

I want to use Video out on my Radeon, but I want to use Svideo, which is giving me an headache by only displaying black and white.

This shows what I thought was my problem: The output has got 7 pins, but every single svideo cable has only got 4 oO

But when I scroll down on the page where I found that picture: http://www.nefernetti.com/tv-out-opas.htm
I saw that there was an option of selecting S video as output or composite.
I also have another cable, which is a 7pin <-> Composite convertor which I got with my graphics card, and if I connect that one directly to the tv I DO get colour.

Are my problems a matter of having the wrong cable (do I need a 7pin svideo <-> 4 pin svideo cable?), or is there something in the ATI Control Center which I need to reconfigure. Btw, I'm a PAL user, preferably PAL 60 if it matters.

Any help would be great :)

·
The seeker of perfection
4,008 Posts
The s-video cable is fine, it's a matter of being pal. I don't remember exactly but you have to select s-vhs as the output in the video card (or as input on the tv?) and you'll get color. It has been answered in these forums a few weeks ago, just do a quick search. S-vhs is involved.

·
AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
it has 7 pins, coz its for S-video and Composite video out at the same time.
Mine is just the same, but it came with an adaptor, with split to s-video and composite.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Kazuya Mishima said:
The s-video cable is fine, it's a matter of being pal. I don't remember exactly but you have to select s-vhs as the output in the video card (or as input on the tv?) and you'll get color. It has been answered in these forums a few weeks ago, just do a quick search. S-vhs is involved.
Yeah I did a search on it, and also read the finnish website with which I can understand that is the thing to do. But unfortunately I can not find the option in the Control Center to select the cable type.

I'm running control center V1.2.2006.286

I'll try to update my drivers now that I know that it isn't the cable :) I hope that will fix, if not I'll let it know.

EDIT: After a thorough search on the net I found out that using a Svideo <->Scart convertor will not work, because there is something wrong with the design of those things so they will force colour and that other signal to go together.... Which will 'delete' the colour signal :(

So I guess I'm off to the store to change the Svideo cable for a composite cable :cry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.