Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Color me impressed. I try not to show special attention to too many mods these days because the number of impressive ones is starting to dwindle and we are getting the same old stuff recycled over and over (Counter-Terrorists vs. Terrorists anyone?), but given that this one does something so subtle but important I can't help but try and draw it to the attention of whoever cares.

I can't describe it better than it's own description so here...

"This mod has been created with a thought of bringing the beautiful and immersive game of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl from the last generation era, when it was created to an up-to-date experience you'd expect from games you play in 2009. We did not try change the game beyond recognition, that was not the point. The following list is the carefully chosen essential collection of most advanced and aesthetically pleasant modifications, created by talented modders, concept artists and programmers in the past 2 years. These are meant to technically and artistically enhance the game without compromising the original feel and atmosphere developers meant you to see. You'll notice every single detail has been retouched and has a polished feel to it...

...Natural lighting, vast panoramic views, depth of field, parallax mapping, SSAO, over 900 reworked texture files, including vehicles and armor suites with manual bump editing, you won't believe it's even the same game."

It seems they've tweaked the entire game not particularly to bring you a new experience, but a better experience. Every texture has been redone and the gameplay has been tweaked in ways that makes the game more polished and in my opinion more fun. While the graphics are the most blatantly noticeable difference, the gameplay tweaks are also very impressive as well.

Fixed Bugs (many of them), Day and Night Cycle, Revamped Music and Sound, Improved user interface and Inventory, Improved AI, Sexy new textures, What's not to love?

Oh, and in case any of you don't own this game, it's $5 on steam until tomorrow as well if your interested, but if you played STALKER when it came out 2 years ago and were bugged by all the little things that were glitchy and buggy and certain gameplay elements that made the game downright aggravating like I did I'd suggest giving this a shot. Here are a few screens.

ModDB Stalker-Complete 2009

PC Game Hardware Side by Side Screenshots

Didn't want to bog down the post with high res shots.

If your interested, enjoy, if not... Psh.

Have a good one all, and don't forget, $5 on steam til tomorrow.

Good Day :)

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
Yeah, it's a pretty good mod. One of the things I hated in vanilla S.T.A.L.K.E.R is that trying to be stealthy is useless. Enemies always see you and hear you. This mod fixes that, and it makes the game much more enjoyable.

·
Irregular User
3,188 Posts
it's a good mod indeed, tried it and actually runs faster compared to the original one (even with float32 mod), although Oblivion Lost 2.2 mod had more gameplay elements additions (specially the emission/blowout, loved blowouts)
However, some folks are preferring the L.U.R.K. mod, im curious so im also currently DLing...

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
i'm not sure since i daren't mod my copy of stalker as it runs like **** anyway on my computer. the difficulty was something i'd heard a lot about in LURK though.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yeah, it's a good mod. The more I play, the more I appreciate it. Difficulty isn't too bad either.
It's pretty f**kin' annoying though when the wild dogs get you, or they screw up one of the scripted missions because they kill all of the characters. Although this problem was present with the original version of the game too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.