Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this would be a prime spot for getting good ideas for my research paper in english class.

Well I have a research paper to do in english, anyone have any good ideas? Anime related or just in general, I am stumped.

I know Ryos should have some ideas since Ryos has done so many anime related papers for class in the past, and I am leaning towards something like that but not sure. Any ideas ppl might have for me are very welcome, k thx.

·
Registered
176 Posts
What are your interests? Things you are concerned about?
I once did a research paper on the danger of asteroids, or as I called them, "killer rocks from space." :eyes:

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
If an asteriod DID crash, It'd kill a whole lotta people (read: millions), depending on where it crashed. If in the sea, It'd kill the coastal people, like L.A. or S.F.; now if it crashed in Arizona, near Asz's place then it'd be quite alright. :p :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
propblem is I am really a Computer Science major, and I have done my Analsys paper on computers and he doesn't want out research paper to be to "technical" persay. As for my current interests, not many, Im here showing I am at least semi-interested in emulation, but doesn't seem like a strong subject to write a paper on. And some ppl here have mentioned writing papers on anime, but that also seems to narrow of a topic, I just need topics, thats all.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
wanna write about why Ryoga gets lost all the time? :p

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Originally posted by Keiichi
If an asteriod DID crash, It'd kill a whole lotta people (read: millions), depending on where it crashed. If in the sea, It'd kill the coastal people, like L.A. or S.F.; now if it crashed in Arizona, near Asz's place then it'd be quite alright. :p :D :D :D
unfortuneately there hasn't been many papers or articles written on that subject

making it tough to research for a research paper

·
Registered
176 Posts
Originally posted by Ryoga

unfortuneately there hasn't been many papers or articles written on that subject

making it tough to research for a research paper
That's why we have BOOKS. Go to a reasonable sized library, and look up your interests there, be they asyeroids, wildebeest, or Orin Hatch.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
You could do a paper on the evolving tastes of video games. That takes research. :p How long is the paper supposed to be?

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
fufufufu :D :D :D well that would make a lotta sense; i heard a rumour that all of America's nuclear shelters are in AZ. is it true? :p

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by Ryoga
hmm, I am thinking like 5-10 pages typed single spaced
at least thats what I am planning
You could do a comparison of Grave of the Fireflies to real conditions in WW II Japan, particularly with regards to the bombings of Tokyo.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Ryos
You could do a comparison of Grave of the Fireflies to real conditions in WW II Japan, particularly with regards to the bombings of Tokyo.
wow thats the best idea yet, but still I am going to feel like an idiot but Grave of the Fireflies?
Don't know what that is, but the general concept of the effect on Japan of WWII would be cool, would just have to narrow it down a bit.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Grave of the Fireflies is a documentary that includes the strangely overlooked bombings at Tokyo. While the world claims to never forget the tragedies of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I hate to point out Tokyo suffered as badly (if not worse).

Hiroshima:
about 138,890 according to Gilbert.

Nagasaki:
about 48,857 according to Gilbert.

Tokyo bombings:
"On May 24, more than four hundred American bombers dropped 3,646 tons of bombs on central Tokyo, and on the industrial areas in the south of the city. More than a thousand Japanese were killed."
Tokyo, March 1945: "83,793 Japanese civilians killed. That was the official minimum death toll; later, 130,000 deaths were 'confirmed' by the Japanese authorities."

The incendiary bombs used at Tokyo were almost as lethal as nuclear weapons.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos

The incendiary bombs used at Tokyo were almost as lethal as nuclear weapons.
true, because:

1. Houses were mostly made of paper back then.

2. The alleys were too narrow for escape from the flames. also, a lot of people tried to escape the heat by jumping into the rivers, thus drowning. :(

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow, Ryos thanks that sounds like a great topic to write about, plus I think I want to do research on that now anyways. On a very much so side note, where did you get your name?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I wrote a short story with a hero I named "Ryos." It won third place at a state contest (I got started on the story five days before it was due because I acidentally found out there was a contest from a teacher). I've used Ryos ever since I created the name. Don't know why.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Grave of the Fireflies is a documentary that includes the strangely overlooked bombings at Tokyo. While the world claims to never forget the tragedies of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I hate to point out Tokyo suffered as badly (if not worse).
I bought a copy of this anime.. sad.. *sniff* ..

1 - 20 of 88 Posts