Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yep, I'm a noob in need of help...

ok here's my problem.

I have a coursework for uni due in...soonish (I have plenty time to get it done) but I don't want to go into uni for short periods of time just to test my program...so I'm trying to get an emulator that will play yaroze software...I'm using codewarrior for net yaroze to compile it and I need to make it run on ePSXe but can't manage to get it to work. I think I have everything I need but not entirely sure. If someone could outline what I need to make my compiled program work I'd appreciate it greatly.

Oh, the actual problem I'm getting is the window appears to freeze. I'm using pete's opengl 1.75 thing btw...looks like I may just be having problems with that...but...I can't prove it just yet...:/

Thanks for your time guys :)

I got an opcode also...it was...

Opcode 2f UNK (PC 0003d730) (11,180)

what does that mean? :???:

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Maybe you'll have more luck with the VGS emulator, it's a little more compatible than epsxe, although less "enhancing". But for your needs, it should be enough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tried using that plugin not too long after I posted...didn't work :(

I'll try that other emu

thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VGS won't work...it requires that I have an actual CD of my game...and I don't have that ability... :(

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Make and iso and load with daemon-tools.
Search Aldo tools on google, it has many vgs apps....

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
he said he doesnt have the actual CD....he's trying to just do the Yaroze software.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well, i'm not exactly sure what you have here. do you have an ISO type of thing? like you could burn it and play it on a chipped PSX? or did you make a PSX-EXE?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm using codewarrior which would normally create a .pxe and a .pse which I assume is a playstation executable...and then send it to the yaroze...but I have no yaroze so I need an emulator that can run it...it being the pxe...but I dunno how to get it to run...I just end up with the error...so...what am I missing if anything.

I'm just pointing ePSXe at the pxe file...hope that clears things up.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
u could try others emu.
Theres pcsx, psxeven, adripsx.
psemu has a debugger inside, althoug its really old....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi again...those other emu's all give me the same problems...I was talking to my lecturer about it and he said that one of his old students tried it and got it to work. He apparently had 2 different sets of code...one regular yaroze code and the other had bits in it to tell the emu what files to upload and, I assume, where to put them in memory...how would I go about doing that? any ideas?

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
You would need an open source emu and change it in the way you need....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone ever figure this out? No....? Well, heres my 2 cents, as a former abertay student:-

use combine.exe to create a playstation eXe from a script file:
For example, create a text file "run.sio" :-

local dload PLANT.TIM 80117454
local dload PARTICLE.TMD 801177C4
local load NY.pxe
go

Where all the files have to be loaded to the right piece of memory (this is a challenge in itself...) NY.pxe is what metroworks compiled. Now run:

combine run.sio helloworld.exe

This creates helloworld.exe, which now needs to be patched to work with an emulator, so run:

cwpatch helloworld.exe

Now you can load helloworld up with ePSXe. I have attached some sample files, and the two eXes you need, if you can't find them through the official channels (recommended, for obvious reasons).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts