Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pretty slam up machine and my jaw almost dropped running the game at 2560x1600 and 2048x2048 on background. My problem, is I get slowdown about 40% of the time. It runs fine for a few seconds and then slows down. I havent tried tweaking things too much, but it only happens during some cutscenes and at random times. Thing is the other 60% it runs at 60fps~.

The issue that is causing the random slowdown is the background resolution. It looks insane with it set to this. Is there anything I can possibly config or change that can keep the game steady? I'm running version 0.9.6.
Quick generic specs...

Two 9800 GX2 running in Quad Sli
Q6600 3.7 ghz
8GB memory
Windows 7 Ent x64
WD Raptors RAID 0
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,263 Posts
I have a pretty slam up machine and my jaw almost dropped running the game at 2560x1600 and 2048x2048 on background. My problem, is I get slowdown about 40% of the time. It runs fine for a few seconds and then slows down. I havent tried tweaking things too much, but it only happens during some cutscenes and at random times. Thing is the other 60% it runs at 60fps~.

The issue that is causing the random slowdown is the background resolution. It looks insane with it set to this. Is there anything I can possibly config or change that can keep the game steady? I'm running version 0.9.6.
Quick generic specs...

Two 9800 GX2 running in Quad Sli
Q6600 3.7 ghz
8GB memory
Windows 7 Ent x64
WD Raptors RAID 0
Not
Gunna
Happen.

I can barely run 1920x1200 at 2048x2048 (KH games and FFX) so the chance of getting it to run on a 9800GTX at that int res is zilch when using that external res. The gfx cards are just memory limited in capacity.
 

·
Site Owner
Joined
·
14,909 Posts
Lol his PC is mid level for emulation. An e8400 with a gtx 260 should pull ahead from that. Though that setup could do better at PC gaming in high resolution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I got it running at this resolution no problem. One of my 9800GX2 cards died and evga swapped them both out for 2 275GTX 1.75GB cards for free. So running at this resolution is no problems anymore. Would be nice if Sli support would happen though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,263 Posts
Create your own SLI profile using nhancer.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top