Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am running on a Pentium II 350 with a Riva TNT card. I am having trouble getting FF9 even to start. Can anyone here suggest me options and plugins i should take note of and maybe a configuration guide on which settings are appropriate for the game.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not sure but I think u shoud use petes opengl if you got a tnt card anyway here is what I'm using
Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.55
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: 3dfx Voodoo3

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]

Textures:
- Filtering: 6
- Caching: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: none

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [special ff9 fix]

I dont know alot about opengl settings but I think these settengs shoud work for u

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Which version of FF9 are you trying to play? If it's the PAL version, you will need a patch to make it work. You can get it at Aldo's homepage. Do some search in the forum if you don't know how to apply the patch.

If that's not your problem, please give us more info so we can help you(specs, OS, plugins, bios)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the replies. I have managed to start FF9, but the problem now is, the video and sound are not in sync. Below are the settings which i used.

Video: Pete's Soft Driver 1.54

Use FPs skipping, Use frame skipping, Auto detect FPS
Scanline mode: Scanlines enabled (double blittering- nViDia fix)

Sound: ePSEx SPU core 1.4.0 , Enable Sound/ Enable CDDA Sound are enabled only.

CDROM: Petes CDR ASPI Driver 1.80, none of the options below are ticked.

I have tried the default CDROM driver but thats even worst. Is there anymore settings and stuff i should take note of ?

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
You'll probably find D3D or OpenGL filtered to be faster, but I don't know. The biggest thing you need to change is the SPU. Iori's SPU is the best SPU to use with your configuration, as it has better quality music and has less of a hit on performance than many of the other SPUs. Playing the game from an ISO might also not be a bad idea, although I suspect your hard drive might not like that as much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.