Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to run ePSXe on my laptop which I typically use my tv as an extended desktop since reading text off a tv can be painful to say the least ;) Only problem is ePSXe seems to only load onto the primary screen being my laptop screen. I've tried dragging icons over to start on the tv or moving program window over to tv to start but ePSXe always loads game on the primary screen. :( I guess it's not really that big a deal since I can go into regular tv out mode by switching but it's just a lil bothersome. Does anyone know of a way to get it to work on the secondary screen on an extended desktop? or is it a plugins thing to setup? vid card maybe? my laptop uses an ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200 series. Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Opps I put an on before ePSXe on the topic title -_-;; sorry about that . .bad title ;)

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Fixed the title for you ;). As for the problem, would temporarily switching the order of the screens (TV=1, laptop=2) work for you? I don't know of another way of getting it to automatically use the TV outside of using the TV as a clone display (that's how I use my TV out).

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
pete's D3D has an option for this that i tried like 2 years ago but i can't remember the deal with it, and i dont have anything to test it on. at the top, it says "select device", go and try that.

otherwise, you could play it in a window, then drag the window over to the second monitor :p

anyway, i would honestly suggest just doing duplicate mode (same thing on both screens) or switching the primary monitor to the TV. it's not like you are going to be multitasking and playing ePSXe anyway... (epsxe has to be in focus for the controls to work, i remember trying to chat on AIM and play games...did not work well)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the title fix n_w95482 ;)

And thanks hushypushy for the heads up on the video plugin. Sometimes you just tend to miss the simplest things -_-;; . .. just chose the 2nd instance of my video card and tada . . it went to the tv screen ;) Makes it easier if you want to have a guide open or maps while playing ;) Also now I don't have to go around switching my modes around ;) I love it when it all comes together ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not that this may help you or not but in case someone eles needs it. The problem i was having is with clone desktop you cant make an aspect ratio change. My TV being 16.9 and my PC being 4.3. But if you use Extended Desktop with a program called hydravision you can set what program will open up in what display.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Ah, that's what the secondary card listing for Radeons is for :p. I thought it was the DVI output for the longest time. Too bad you're stuck with D3D for now, that is if the technique posted above doesn't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.