Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have a few Emu's and Games... I want to install them on a USB Flash Drive instead of taking up real estate on my internal drives.

I'm sure its been covered but I didn't see it, if you can point me to a link that would be fine.

Otherwise -

I want to run ZSNES, RockNES, SNESx9, MAME Win32 and ePSX all from a USB drive. I could put ePSX and ISO's on one drive and all the rest of it on another drive.

What all do I need to do this?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
just copy and paste on, from what i know none of these use specific registry files, so i would assume this would work.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
not sure usb throughput is enough for disk iso;s... generally usb sticks aren't buffered or read cached.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure usb throughput is enough for disk iso;s... generally usb sticks aren't buffered or read cached.
Hmmm, that's interesting. I should put an ISO on a USB drive and try running ePSX from that. I saw a thread on the eeeusers forum but it was geared towards Linux users.

When you say throughput, are you saying running the ISO from a USB and having the Emu on the C: drive might cause frame skipping? I was thinking of running it purely from USB. I don't think there's a problem I believe at some point when I was using XP that I had a game on one of my powered external drives and it played fine.

Thanks

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
not frame skipping, just low read performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.