Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i've been looking through emulators about all day

i got a couple of games with ISO and i have a bin, but i cant figure out how to run a game thats ISO, it seems that every emulator wants to play the arcade games. Could Some one please help me

Also keep in mind...
I dont put ISO on a blank disc because i ran out of blank CD's

Last time i tried playing with my original CD's The game was unplayable.

Basically..
Is there any way to play Sega Saturn games that are in ISO format without having to put a CD in.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
im not really into saturn emulation but generally to use an image file with any emulator you simply mount the image on a virtual drive software like daemon tools and configure the emulator so that it looks towards the virtual drive instead of your physical drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried that latley, and yeah that fixed my problem, but i've tried to play games, and SSF takes to much memory on my CPU to run, so i really cant play Saturn games.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try lowering the priority level of the emulator in the task manager. do note that this may or may not actually hurt your performance due to you commanding the cpu to give the emulator less attention but i have seen cases where it does help, so it is something to consider and try.

you will also want to make sure every possible background app that is not needed for your O/S system to function is disabled. this is because those can cause performance issues when left on due to them hogging resources that other programs you do want to have on might need or want to use. btw what are your system specs?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've got a similar issue. I'm trying to get Guardian Heroes going on this emu, I get it going, it asks for what kind of ram I want. The intro loads, I hit start, it dies, and the led goes to black.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts