Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to run pokemon platinum & diamond in 2 emulators in order to trade pokemon, but I can't seem to start 2 seperate games.

First I tried to load 2 seperate games
I loaded the 2 seperate games using the following method:
-I set the settings to 2 emulators, saved options and restarted no$gba
-Load the 1st game on startup and selecting run in 1st machine
-Press F12 and load the 2nd game and selecting run on 2nd machine

The problem is that when I do this, either pokemon diamond starts twice, or platinum starts twice, but not seperately. I have tried several combinations of with or without autostart cartridge as well.

I also tried starting up with 1 emulator, clicking link and then loading the 2 games, but then no game will start in the 2nd emulator.

Since I can trade between 2 platinum versions as well, I tried running platinum twice
This doesn't work because the 2nd emulator goes white after the loading screen. I'm thinking this happens because because there's no sound in the 2nd emulator, since I'm having this exact same problem when turning off sound and running platinum in 1 emulator.

So I now have 2 questions:
What am I doing wrong with running 2 seperate games? (is this even possible with nds roms?)
How can I make the 2nd emulator believe that there's sound so the 2nd platinum doesn't go white anymore?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

P.S.: I know that I can just edit the savegame with pokesav, but that just sucks the fun out of it, so I'd prefer just trading the pokemon.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
WiFi (eg. multiplayer) for NDS games is not yet supported by No$gba, in no form whatsoever.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Once again: NO linking, NO trading, NO multiplayer, not even PictoChat is supported by No$GBA for NDS games as of 2.6a.
Sorry for the outburst, but this kind of dense people just annoy me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In No$gba it is actually possible to link 2 games, but only if they are the same. This is what you'll need to do:
1. Load a GBA Rom, I used Pokemon Emerald.
2. Right click on the screen, then select Link.
3. Reset the game (Right click, then Reset).
4. Save the Setup (Click on Options, then Save Options).
5. Close No$gba window.
6. Open No$gba again but load the NDS game you want.
7. If successful, the emulator will run automatically in Link mode.
8. If not, be sure to save the settings so that the emulator remembers that the games must link.
9. Enjoy your Linking!!! :yawn:
I forgot to tell, I'm using No$gba 2.6

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I'm going to tear out your entrails and force feed them to you :)

BECAUSE LINKING DOES NOT WORK.

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
In No$gba it is actually possible to link 2 games, but only if they are the same. This is what you'll need to do:
1. Load a GBA Rom, I used Pokemon Emerald.
2. Right click on the screen, then select Link.
3. Reset the game (Right click, then Reset).
4. Save the Setup (Click on Options, then Save Options).
5. Close No$gba window.
6. Open No$gba again but load the NDS game you want.
7. If successful, the emulator will run automatically in Link mode.
8. If not, be sure to save the settings so that the emulator remembers that the games must link.
9. Enjoy your Linking!!! :yawn:
I forgot to tell, I'm using No$gba 2.6
To prove that your method never works:

When you reset, No$gba clears everything, which means your link will be erased. You start over a brand new session of the game (not new game). So step three is meaningless. From then onwards, it's totally meaningless.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
I'm going to tear out your entrails and force feed them to you :)

BECAUSE LINKING DOES NOT WORK.
Do you sell tickets for that?
But seriously, ivancarlos, have you ever tried to do anything that requires a connection between the two games (battle, trade, ...)? You would have seen that it will hang up on the first notice, even if you are lucky enough to get both players into the trading booth before the games destabilize.
This means that while a side-by-side game is possible (but very slow, unstable and through much jury-rigging), real linking is not.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
YouTube vids which say that you can link 2 DS games is a fake.
*mode "The cake is a fake" off* :evil:

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, it seems I got wrong, that one is a guide for GBA Roms. Now, it IS possible to link 2 NDS games, but may only work using a game that can be joined by multiple players using a card thing. I have checked it, now follow these steps (though they could be the same as before):

1. Open NO$GBA, load a GBA game for setting the link.
2. Right click then click Link.
3. Save the setup in Options--Save Options. This is for NO$GBA to remember the link.
4. Close NO$GBA. The link will be saved because you saved NO$GBA options.
5. Open NO$GBA again, but this time load a NDS game. From now on, NO$GBA sould have 2 machines instead of one. If not, retry steps 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
6. Try linking via that card thing (forgot its name).

For loading different games in each machine after doing the above:
1) Go to File and click in "Cartridge Menu (File.lst)"
2) There is an option which usually says "All machines", change it to the machine you want to load the game to.
3) Now, click in Directory and choose the game, open it and wait. It may delay, wait for it to begin or if its not making progress at all, close NO$GBA and repeat these steps.

I hope this helps you. ;)

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
Did you test to see if both games can detect each other?

If not, then all of the above are just fake.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
There is already one, the stickied FAQ. ;)

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
OK, it seems I got wrong, that one is a guide for GBA Roms. Now, it IS possible to link 2 NDS games, but may only work using a game that can be joined by multiple players using a card thing. I have checked it, now follow these steps (though they could be the same as before):

1. Open NO$GBA, load a GBA game for setting the link.
2. Right click then click Link.
3. Save the setup in Options--Save Options. This is for NO$GBA to remember the link.
4. Close NO$GBA. The link will be saved because you saved NO$GBA options.
5. Open NO$GBA again, but this time load a NDS game. From now on, NO$GBA sould have 2 machines instead of one. If not, retry steps 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

For loading different games in each machine after doing the above:
1) Go to File and click in "Cartridge Menu (File.lst)"
2) There is an option which usually says "All machines", change it to the machine you want to load the game to.
3) Now, click in Directory and choose the game, open it and wait. It may delay, wait for it to begin or if its not making progress at all, close NO$GBA and repeat these steps.

I hope this helps you. ;)
*facepalm*

You can't link the two ds games. I tried a similar method a long time ago, so I know this doesn't work for ds games. And since ds linking doesn't work, I didn't bother posting instructions on how to run two ds games in no$gba. Please don't post fake info unless you can proof it actually works (ie. linking two ds games).

you should sticky a thread with this title: "you can´t change pokemons with this emu"
I'm pretty sure you meant to say "you can't trade pokemon."

·
Lurker, pretty much...
296 Posts
The furthest progress I could reach in DS linking is making one machine try joining a room hosted by another machine (you know, the host/join system), but no luck with any of the DS games I tried (with multi-card play) - even though it's possible to detect the hosted room, the "guest" machine always ends up losing the connection and/or getting locked up (with the possibility of crashing the sound engine as well)...

"DS Download Play" or "Single Card Play"?

If you really ever succeeded in doing some progress with DS linking, try to tell us what game you tried, what settings you used, and so on... Otherwise it's pretty clear that proper DS linking is currently unachievable especially for commercial games.

·
Registered
48 Posts
KAZO!! How did you manage to do that??? Can you explain it to me step-by-step if it isn't problem!! Tnx;)
just open up No$GBA, set number of GBAs to 2, then sav option and reset. open on game in the 1st machine, and the other in the second machine. it is easy to load the same game in both machines, but its seems kinda buggy to get 2 differnt games running at once.

·
Shadow Gamer ;)
1,206 Posts
Tnx kazo...but the problem is that my second emulator(right one) starts the new game..how can I change this???

Edit: OK..I managed to get save on right emu but now when I talk to other player in union room, game just freezes!! Do you have this problem??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.