Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 60 fps mean run PSX game at full speed???
Becuase when freameate drop to 40 fps or 30 fps.
It won't run smooth and run slow............

·
Registered
345 Posts
i believe 60 fps is full speed for NTSC games
and 50 FPS is full speed for PAL games

if i didnt misunderstand you question, in order to get full FPS you have to configure the plug-ins and optimize them. There are many FAQs out there that'll help much more than i can. My system specs are way different than yours.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Yup, 50fps 4 pal & 60 fps 4 ntsc
I really noticed that when i converted FF9 to pal (4 playing it on my psx).
even w/ my config i can reach 60 fps on some sceanes, so try to configure ur plugins to their max :)

S

·
0 Posts
I consistently get 60 FPS w/all my my games. I optimize my plugins and I always go after the latest drivers. I believe that having the latest drivers will really help w/ePSXe or any other emulator. W/the latest drivers, you know that your equipment is operating at it's peak. Do yourself a favor, if you haven't already, and update your drivers.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Kupo kupo?
93 Posts
but PC games runs well at 40 or even 30 fps.
why EpsxE needs games to run at solid 60 fps to be enjoyable?
if a game slows down at 50fps or less its became unplayble.

C

·
0 Posts
Pete's plugins (the most commonly used), measure FPS the way the PSX does, which is different from PC...

If you're using the default fps calc method with Pete's plugins, 60fps is equal to about 30-35...

The old fps calc (in special game fixes) is comparable to normal PC games...

·
Registered
874 Posts
I always thought 1 fps meant 1 frame per second :p
Sure it is one frame per second... but is it a pc frame or a psx one? ;)

Well, a while ago _Demo_ suggested to do it in the psx way (the psx is doing 50/60 screen updates in the second... not every frame is painting something new, though)... and we plugin coders did it :)

The new fps measuring has certain advantages, so it's much easier for the plugin to get the right mdec speed (with fps limitation enabled), and of course it's much easier for the user to see, if his system is reaching the 'right' psx speed - for PAL games now you have to reach always 50 psx FPS... in the old PC fps way (which only measured real bufferswaps on your gfx card) it was sometimes 25 PC fps, sometimes 50 PC fps, sometimes even something more weird like 42,736 (<- just an example, not calculated ;) )... much harder to say, if the game speed was 'right'.

Only very few games don't like the new psx fps limitation (like Winning Eleven), so you can still switch back in Lewpy's and my plugins to the old pc way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts