Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my hands on driver 3 for my gba considering i culdnt try it out for the ps2 and yes, i did know the ps2 version was a piece of crap but still wondered what the next installment was like.
And ohh boy wat rubbish this game is :cuss2:
Countless bugs such as bending walls, driving through cars, driving through walls, seeing through walls, shooting ppl and they dont die, shooting a car and it doesnt blow up, unrealistic car crashes, unrealistic car movement physics, i cud go on man,
I give this gba version a 1/10, the 1 is for the intro graphics that look a lot like the ps2 version although they are pictures. Seriously ppl stay away from GBA ve :nono: rsion of driver 3.

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
wow they released it for the GBA.... the console and the PC versions were downright horrible, and they still released it for the GBA without fixing a single issue. Are they even aware of the problems with their game?

And i have read on a couple of sites that they will release a sequel which will "address" the issues of Driv3r. Makes me wonder why they couldnt address it in the PC version as it came out months after the console version. They didnt even bother releasing a patch that would make reasonable fixes to make it atleast playable.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As long as GTA is around, tanner is doomed..... unless atari come up with a very VERY much improved sequel that beats GTA in all aspects. maybe a more realistic Tanner with growing hair will do the trick, then again i wonder if atari will leave in the bugs even then.. oh well

·
band
5,270 Posts
either way driver parallel lines looks really good (for me, better than GTA:SA! ).

here is the Gamespot Preview

The game features impressive lighting and shadowing effects and is already running at a smooth frame rate, despite being months away from its March 2006 release date.

and here are the screenshots

strangely i still have hopes for this series >=).

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once again i have avoided all warnings to pick up a copy of driv3r for £2 from a local shop.
At first it looked OK from the FMV's to me but then I actually drove around and damn it looks like a Psone game!! The marketing pictures were a sham, dont believe them!
The game physics is soo unreal is impossible. How on earth can a car flip twice after crashing head on into a wall. How can the back of a car be damaged when u crash the front. How can a bus crash into thin air. how can they allow such unbelieveable physics?
But there is one part that made me laugh at the sheer crapness, that is the directors replay feature. It showed me things i didnt even do, which was actually rather funny!!
A very rushed game indeed..
One of the worst games on the Ps2 and THE worst game on the GBA by far:(
Overall it gets a 3/10 from me because of the funny replays:)
On the plus side..the series seems to be getting back on track with Driver parallel lines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.