Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm kinda new and I've just been wondering... From reading some of the older threads I've been reading some people saying they were playing at 60+, like 70 fps or so.

But why would one want to? I just bought an i7 CPU and when I remove the fps limiter the games seem to go too fast, crazy even, along with the sound. Is there a configuration that I'm missing or something else? By keeping fps limiter PAL games don't go over 50 and NTSC don't go over 60.

I did try setting a manual limiter to 70, but the difference in game speed when the fps lower to 50 or 60 is more noticeable partly thanks to the fact the sound speed is affected as well. Is there a way to stop the sound from speeding up so much or it's best to keep fps limit at default?

Thanks ;)

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
i usually play around 120 fps or as fast as the game can go. As long as its not an action rpg or something, otherwise i get killed all the time trying to fight at super fast speeds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it's useful if you play rpg game (especially the one you've beat on real ps2, 75 fps is sweet) and on loading screen (hit tab and it'll toggle fps limit).
Cool thanks for the toggle fps limit tip, didn't know that. Will come in handy when I want to skip some boring parts when booting some games :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.