Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran an ISO of FF9 and CrashB2, both worked SLOWLY, I havn't done FPS checks yet, but it seemed half of my normal set 60fps, but I was running them at 800x600 each and had FPS limit on and was running other apps, but u will need a damn powerful machine to run 2 games at the same time.

Proberbly VERY pointless unless u want to slow ur machine to hell, or play 2 copies of a game at the same time?? or perhaps want to be a mental button basher and attempt to play to games at the same time!!! or compare GFX between GT1 and GT2.

But anyhow if u want to do this, make sure ur using windowed mode, and open the 2 coies first, then load your games into each, here's proof of my attempt...........

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and 2 play 2 games symaltaniously u would have to constantly swap windows so all in all pretty pointless unless u found away around this, y I don't know :LOL:

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh u r indeed welcome, I am glad that u found it stunning, perhaps I may interest u with the fact I got 35 - 40 fps on both of them. Indeed I believe this should prove quite exciting news!!! :lol:

Okay enough sarcasm for now, sorry, jus' thought it 'might' b of interest for people 2 know u can run 2 or more ePXSe's at the same time depending on the power of your machine.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
who can manage two games at the same time? :confused:

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A guy with 4 arms, extra's eyes, and matrix style reflexes, but on the whole just an average person!!! lol okay so defiently no-one, but anyhow the EMU-Authors let u run more than one copy, and it was kinda interesting to c the effect it had, i guess, okay so pretty pointless I know but I am tired, its been along day, :cry:

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Pointless question but what kind of machine could handle it at a decent speed?:confused:
BTW It would be easy to play this if they were tiled windows and you used the keyboard with different keys for each window. ;)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
You'd still have to alt-tab between windows since only one window can have focus at a time unless it would be possible for a pad plug-in to have focus at all times which I don't think is currently possible with epsxe at the moment.

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Betamax
Pointless question but what kind of machine could handle it at a decent speed?:confused:
BTW It would be easy to play this if they were tiled windows and you used the keyboard with different keys for each window. ;)
I guess a 2Ghz with 256mb or more with a Geforce 2/3 could handle it with better speeds as it was kinda playable (except for window swaping) on my machine!! (c signature for specs)

Next time I will tile the windows, but Gerbil cannon is right, u need the player one cfg to be different for each window, but the plugin if setup for one copy is the same for the other and u cannot use a different input plugin per window!!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I tried running epsxe 1.2 and 1.4 together and loaded the same iso in both of them.Game was I think "Akuji".I think it would never work on my humble pc but I still got 50 fps in windowed modes so I think much higher and with decent video cards pc can run it pretty well.
(I also noticed the fps difference between epsxe 1.2 and 1.4 in this way).

·
Registered
10 Posts
of course its slower, graphic cards arent as fast in window mode, you would have to put it on fullscreen (which you really cant if you dont have 2 monitors and a monitor hub. and maybe two graphic cards?) to see maximum speed fps while running two emus at once.

·
Registered
460 Posts
just a thought nothing personal

Don't you guys know this day there is graphic card can output 2 monitors? and you can had more than 1 joystick/keyboard/mouse?
well, I think it's cool, coz if there is 2 ppl want to play game, and there is only 1 pc, with 2 monitor....etc then both dude*and girls :) * can play at the same time WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO,
So don't think just becoz we had 2 arms and 2 eyes doesn't mean we can't play more than 1 game on the same pc hehe,
hehe this is just a thought :) nothing personal :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts