Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How said that Square Would realese FF X & FF IX for PC , well this is there answer to that , to me

Dear Customer:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. Final Fantasy X will be
released for the PSX2. FFXI will be online only. We hope this
information has been of some assistance.

Caroline
Customer Support Rep

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hmm, they don't really say for either one whether it will be available on the PC or not. What exactly was it that you asked them?

Actually, looking at that again,a re you sure that really came from Square? It seems VERY odd that a developer would not know the proper abbreviation for the console (They call it the PSX2, however according to Sony it is the PS2)...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok , it is PS2 and Not PSX 2 ,an the question i made was "Does Squaresoft have the intention four a realese of FF X and FF XI por PC ? , or did Square consider it ?" I made the question to Square USA ! If you got an difrent answer , well i don't now ?!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
First of all, the ps2 can be called PSY (Like psx for the PsOne)

Another thing:
For those who are intersted in FFX, I ve putted informations about ff10 (grabbed at www.rpg-zone.com )

************(There are SPOILERS in it.So If U don t want to know, don t read it.)*********************************

Game Info

The name of the world for FFX will be called "Spira" this being the second Ff game to name the world, the other being FFIX the world was called "Gaia".

The summon monsters will now have a new name called "Aeons".

Plot Info

The story is the traditional destruction of the hero's homeland, blah blah gotta get revenge etc etc. You being "Tidus" who somehow survives the attack, now wanna find out what happened you meet up with a travelor named "Yuna" who is persuing a search for "Aeons" within temples.

As the two progress into they're travels together they learn more about "Spira" that One thousand years ago, Spira was a land of great technological advancement and "spectacular cities." However, Sin suddenly and mysteriously arose and destroyed all civilization. Now people fear technology due to Sin returning, Tidus and Yuna will try and figure things out.

Final Fantasy X is coming July 17th to Japan and North America will get it early 2002, Europe will be mid 2002.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good , but it still doesn't solve the question , of the aperance of FFX for PC ? damm how is the boss of Square ? Square Jap or Square US ? It would be unfair , that it only apears on PS2 !!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I ve read in a magazine where square was interviewed if they are going to make the next ff for the ps2 on the nintendo Gamecube or XBox

Square boss said that there willl be no other platforms other than
PS2 and PC....

So....Think that it ll solve the question.

BTW, I fear they re going to do the same thing as 1994.
They were claiming ff7 on the n64 (square and nintendo were like
errr sister and brother in those times...) and result:
They make an alliance w/ sony cuz' cd rom was far cheaper and bigger than a cartridge...

So, we could say they (uhuh) betrayed nintendo.
Hope they re going to stay on the same console system.

What will I do if I buy a ps2 before square says that they re leaving the ps2 for the Gamecube ?Huh?

Bye

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
GameCube all the way!
Bye.

S

·
0 Posts
From what I have heard, FF X and FF XI are planning to be ported to the PC by Square. But, FF IX definately won't be. Also, there is talk of FF XI being an on line game, like Phantasy Star Online. Sounds interesting, only time will tell.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Square also mentioned that they will do a remake of the psx ff serie
on the ps2...

Let s wait for the result...

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's sort of interesting that they wouldn't give Zell a straight answer... If I asked them that question, and they came back with that lame response, I'd be like "Okay, thanks for that info, but could you please answer my question now?" Man, you would think they could at least try some word finangling to try to maneuver out of an answer, rather than just out-right ignoring his question!

Oh, and to answer your question, Zell, the parent company is in Japan, however I'm guessing that you would get the same information from either Square Japan or Square USA...

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's not all that odd really. My former roomate in college used to write for a game magazine, and he said the companies almost never give real answers on anything. What you can count on with about a 99% chance is you won't see square stuff on the Xbox of Gamecube. PC versions, probably, but no consoles other than Sony ones. Sony forked over enough cash to make them turn down M$. I think that says it all.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Originally posted by Rargh
I ve read in a magazine where square was interviewed if they are going to make the next ff for the ps2 on the nintendo Gamecube or XBox

Square boss said that there willl be no other platforms other than
PS2 and PC....

So....Think that it ll solve the question.

BTW, I fear they re going to do the same thing as 1994.
They were claiming ff7 on the n64 (square and nintendo were like
errr sister and brother in those times...) and result:
They make an alliance w/ sony cuz' cd rom was far cheaper and bigger than a cartridge...

So, we could say they (uhuh) betrayed nintendo.
Hope they re going to stay on the same console system.

What will I do if I buy a ps2 before square says that they re leaving the ps2 for the Gamecube ?Huh?

Bye
Huh??? Final Fantasy X on GameCube???
That is quiet a joke....................
Don't you remember whem square want release their remake of Final Fantasy 4-6 on GBA???
Sure result is failed!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the answer LanGaidin , but there something left , Why don't they give a clear answer , so people wouldn't bother them , Damm I WANT FF X FOR PC AND NOW !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's only a Day drem , but with E3 near it could be possible that Square is willing to say something about FF X and it's future on a PC ? I hope so , i aldo hope if they are doing a PC version they won't make the same mistakes in the past , just realising it after 6 months of the PS2 realese

S

·
0 Posts
Square will do what Square will do. CD is right, wait for the console release before hoping for a PC one. Although, it has been said that Square is planing a release of both the PC version and the PS2 version of FF X at the same time. Whether or not this is actually true or will happen remains to be seen. But one can always hope.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Even if Square does release a PC version of FF X (and it's extremely likely), it'll probably be as flawed as its other PC versions...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts