Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GoNintendo said:
Wow, talk about an absolutely massive game-changer. All the chatter on Wall Street is currently focused on the video game industry, as quite a big rumor is floating about. Word has it that Microsoft has intentions of purchasing Electronic Arts. While this is just rumor for now, can you imagine the huge changes the video game industry would see?! Something like this could surely mean 'game over' for more than a few sectors of the industry.
More info: Microsoft May Purchase Electronic Arts

Sony would be hit hard by this, Nintendo not so much.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
It'll never happen.

Scary if it did. But it'll never happen.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
All new (PC) EA games will require DX11 to play! :evil:
PS3/Wii support goes bye bye! :evil:
PC/360 (EA) games will be $59.99! :evil:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
lol.
even if it did, EA has contractual obligations to produce certain games for Sony, and MS would inherit those obligations via any buyout.

any trying to cancel these obligations would see Sony sue microsoft into a black hole.... sony is about the only company i know that could put microsoft into a blackhole.....

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I'm not sure about a blackhole, considering MS' net income for 2008 was about 4x that of Sony. They'd put up a good fight, at least.

Granted, net income isn't everything. I do believe MS' total control of all business applications gives them a more subtle world domination.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
EA and Microsoft? :p Something tells me PC and 360 would be the way to go for Sports games, huh...

On the dark side of the matter, this move may mean that some games might be released for 360 first... and then years and years later, after the XBox 540 has come out for a long time, PC gamers will get to play the game... granted their hardwares meet the specifications. Uhh... yeah... :innocent:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I'm too lazy to check for other sports games, but NHL 10 didn't make it to PC. What the hell.
Madden is no longer on the PC either, there wasn't a Madden 2009 either...

EA Sports,,,NOT ON PC!

'k Repent Pirates...

:evil:

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
shouldn't this not be allowed by law for ....like, you know...killing of the competition.
Hmm... I doubt it. There's still plenty of competition out there. But who knows... judges would have more information than we would.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
I wondered that too when I first read Kotaku's article. Chances are we are right. The rumors were probably started by themselves to raise the stock price.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Hmmm.....how much would you guys estimate EA is worth?

Hmm... I doubt it. There's still plenty of competition out there. But who knows... judges would have more information than we would.
Judges are normally 60 y/o men who can barely use a computer.......let alone know the exact condition of the video game industry :lol:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Looking at the quality of EA games these days I thought they were already one and and the same company with MS.

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
ok if that turns to be truth am going to laugh badly... the reason is quite obvious... PETER MOORE quit from MS and went to EA a while ago and if MS buys EA then PETER MOORE is going back to MS(so to say) and MS is going to own his ass lol.

men am laughing already :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I don't really care EA sucks nowdays as far as i'm concerned they can be bought by a flee circus.
a) It's "flea"

b) Don't hold on to those conceptions forever. EA has been making efforts to improve, and they have been. Not saying they're perfect, but they have been doing much better.

Judges are normally 60 y/o men who can barely use a computer.......
That's perpetuating a stereotype.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.