Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems the rumble feature in epsxe using directx doesn't fully work.. Certain games don't rumble at all when they are suppose to rumble.. Ie.. MGS.. All of my rumble games only rumble for a few minutes at the start of playing.. After which the rumble feature is gone and the game doesn't rumble anymore.. I can still continue playing them like usual but the rumble doesn't last throughout the play session.. If I close epsxe and restart the game, the rumble comes back but only for a few minutes again.. Anyone else experiencing this? And which rumble gamepad are you using? I think it may be just a bug in the rumble feature of epsxe.. PC games rumble throughout the whole play session..

S

·
0 Posts
Fivefeet8, which rumble pad are you using and how is it connected? Is a PC USB pad (like Thrustmaster and Logitec make) or do you use a cable and an actual PSX pad? I ask because I use an actual Dual Shock PSX pad coneccted to my PC by a cable called the KIKI-joy. The KIKI-joy cable is mad by Soyo and delivers good strong rumble all the time in games which support it. I swear by this cable. I know you live in Fresno, but are you anywhere near a Fry's Electroics Store? If you are, then I suggest you check out the KIKI-joy cable and see what you think. You can learn more about at www.soyo.com Once there, go to products and you'll find it. Best of luck.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I guess your games rumble all though your play session and they don't abruptly end during gameplay.. But your using the burretter option right? I am using rumble with a usb thrustmaster dual power.. I don't have any dual shock psx pads.. I am just wondering if other people using the directx rumble option with a pc gamepad is experiencing this.. If not, then it's probably the thrustmaster..

Fresno is not anywhere close to a FRY's.. I wish it was since I have heard great things about them.. My brother lives down south where there is a Fry's near by.. I could just tell him to check it our for me..

S

·
0 Posts
Fivefeet8, no I am not using the Burretter option. Why would I? AFIK the Burretter option only works w/the Burretter adapter and not w/any other adapter. I am using the Direct X option and, as I said, the KIKI-joy cable delivers rumble consistantly, rumble that does not cut off, in those games which support it. I would suggest that you have your brother check out Fry's because the KIKI-joy is worth it. BTW, I tried out a Thrustmaster, like the one you have, and I couldn't get it do rumble at all in ePSXe. I couldn't even get it to set up right. I took it back.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah.. When I first bought the thrustmaster firestorm dual power(try saying that 3 time fast) it was hell trying to install it.. But now it works great and rumbles good.. Its just weird how the rumble just stops.. It rumbles great on my PC games though.. Plus it has the best d-pad I have found on its type of gamepads.. Anyways, thanks for the reply.. I hope the next version of epsxe will have better rumble support..

Oops.. Hehe.. I just noticed I put "ON" instead of "NO" in my thread title..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Heyo,

well well, I've got the same gamepad (Thrustmaster FireStorm Dual Power USB First Edition ;) ) and I think it's a really cool one.

Unfortunately the rumble function doesn't work at all with ePSXe. :( Although force feedback works well with PC games (after updating my drivers!) :)
I hope the next version of ePSXe will fix that.

fivefeet8: What PSX games do work with force feedback/rumble support with your pad?

Cheers,
NachoKun

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, MGS is the only rumble game that doesn't rumble... I dont' think it rumbles for anyone else either in epsxe at the moment.. All my other rumble games do rumble well at the start of each play session.. But like I said, the rumble stops after a few minutes of play.. Games that rumble in epsxe are GT2, FF9, MvC, Vagrant Story, and a few others..

Try setting your rumble type to directx and set big motor to "constant" and little motor to "sine".. You could also try reinstalling directx..

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK, I tried Vagrant Story, but it still doesn't work :(

I also noticed that ePSXe treats the analog stick the same as the digital pad -_-
What's going on? My analog stick/pad and force feedback works just fine with PC games... Although I've set rumble type to DirectX, big motor to "constant", small motor to "sine" and the pad is set to "Digital/Analog (F5)".

Oh by the way, fivefeet8: Does your Firestorm Dual Power have an additional button beneath the "THRUSTMASTER" inscription, and does it have two or one diodes?

Laterz,
NachoKun

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by NachoKun
OK, I tried Vagrant Story, but it still doesn't work :(

I also noticed that ePSXe treats the analog stick the same as the digital pad -_-
What's going on? My analog stick/pad and force feedback works just fine with PC games... Although I've set rumble type to DirectX, big motor to "constant", small motor to "sine" and the pad is set to "Digital/Analog (F5)".

Oh by the way, fivefeet8: Does your Firestorm Dual Power have an additional button beneath the "THRUSTMASTER" inscription, and does it have two or one diodes?

Laterz,
NachoKun
Mine has a rather flattened oval shaped button underneath the inscription.. Then two little red lights.. Beneath those two is another small rounded button..

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
just curious guys is that rumble function on epsxe is cpu hungry???
mine its cpu power hungry the fps cuts almost half
so sometimes the game is unplayable due to its slow emulation(especially on scene where it has heavy shock)

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by FireGL
just curious guys is that rumble function on epsxe is cpu hungry???
mine its cpu power hungry the fps cuts almost half
so sometimes the game is unplayable due to its slow emulation(especially on scene where it has heavy shock)
It might be.. I don't really know since my cpu if fast enough to do rumble and run the games at full speed too.. :) So in essence, I don't notice any slowdown when using rumble or not..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts