Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried different settings and I can't get it to work. It works fine in pc games. How do I get my gamepad to rumble in epsxe?

·
Registered
10 Posts
No rumble effects here !!!

Hi, I'm having the same problem, I own a Wingman Rumblepad, I've tried all of the combinations of the rumble config in ePSXe, DirectX, Burutter, constant, sine, and it won't do it. Is not that I'm a big fanatic of the rumbling effects (I seldom use it when playing computer games), but well it would be nice to give it a try.

BTW I only have one game: Tekken 3. Vibration is activated in the game config.

Cheers.......Drac

·
Registered
22 Posts
Perhaps the rumble support is incomplete in current release, every PC rumble gamepads are not managed in the same way with DirectX (DirectInput). For example, some guys have made some rumble input plugins for N64 emulation, and rumble worked with some gamepads and not with others and they have had a lot of problem to understand how to make rumble work on all rumble gamepads (real PC, PSX and N64 gamepads). They will probably port their plugins for the PSX emulation soon.

I've a PC Hammerhead FX gamepad, and rumble works on ePSXe, but that slowdowns a lot the emulator (beginning of Chrono Cross in the FMV with the tower, GT2)

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
I built my own adapter for direct pad pro interface it works perfectly in pc games such as mechwarrior 4,motoracer 2, need for speed etc but in epsxe it works only in certain games and also when it vibrate i will lose 10-20 fps... btw does any one of you make it work in mgs i cant make it work in this game

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Thrustmaster Dual Power gamepad and I'm runing on windows ME. And I haven't been able to get it to work with any settings.

S

·
0 Posts
that one, allthough pretty good when it works, is known to have problems, and I think it doesn't work well at all with epsxe....

btw (just an advice), watch it with that thing, dunno if you have an usb hub with adapter, but on my system it drained too much power from the power supply and made the pc crash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Samor!!!

That's true Samor, not only it drains a lot of power but also lot's of CPU. My Wingman Rumblepad takes around 13% of my CPU power when it's in use. I was experiencing crashes when playing Need for Speed High Stakes (Comp version), but I formated my HD and re-installed windows, and also installed the newest version of the Wingman software (found on their website) and I haven't experienced any crashes ever since.

Cheers.......Drac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts