Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EpsxE doesn't seem to like rumble/vibration very much, as soon as my controller starts vibrating epsxe freezes up, then i can unplug my controller and epsxe will begin to run fine again. How can i fix this? I got the right controller drivers, got both Controller rumble options set to Constant (though i've tried sine as well), and it still does it. It's driving me nuts, i can't play anything. My controller plugin for EspxE is pretty old, what's the best one out now? Pretty sure i had this working before under the same exact sircumstances though, i fixed it somehow before but i forgot how =p, i've tried everything i can think of, different controller drivers, different options and stuff. Can anyone give me an idea how to fix it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a pic that might help...anything i should change there?

I've tried all different settings in the Epsxe game control panel, but it keeps freezing on me. Tried a bunch of different controller drivers as well...using EspxE has been a big hassle so far =/

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
There's no such thing as controller plugin on epsxe, it's using it's own code to handle the gamepad. You can't change it. ePSXe's rumble is not finished yet, and still can give problems. Configure the internal plugin to use directx vibration, analog/digital, small motor sine, big motor constant. And try with various games, some doesn't rumble at all (i.e. Metal Gear).

On a side note, please use the edit button, and don't double post. If it was to bump, note that bumping is not allowed. Check it in the [rules]rules[/rules].

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems to work like 1 out of 5 times, but that obviously isn't enough because some games have a lot of dual shock kinda moments. I had it working before i had to reintsall XP a couple of weeks ago. Now it just doesn't want to work. How long until a fix comes out...2...3 years? :p - I thought they were done working on Epsxe.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Same thing happens for me, the only solution I've found was to unplug the USB adapter, press esc quickly (depends on the game, but if it's a racing game, you gotta do it :p), re^mud the USB adapter, and continue your game.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone find a fix for this problem yet? I fixed it once by changing my controller drivers, but doing that now doesn't seem to help.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
That won't work with ePSXe, doesn't support pad plugins now. The only reason why the cutor includes pad plugin support is because ePSXe 1.6.0 was supposed to include pad plugin support, but due to some problems, the idea had to be dropped.

Anyway, PSXeven is a great emu too, and supports pad plugins. You could give it a shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts