Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BlueFox team member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the question is, how to enable rumbling feature in ePSXe1.6.0? I tried all options in its pad configuration menu relative to rumbling. I tried to play FF8, but there wasn't rumbling enabled. I'm using PS2' Dual Shock 2 connected to my PC via Trio Linker(everything works fine with it in other PC games, which support rumbling).

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Rumble support in ePSXe is, at best, tricky. You might need newer drivers from the manufacturer. Also, in ePSXe's config, set the pad to 'analog/digital(F5)', the rumble to directx, the small motor to 'sine', and the big to 'constant'. Even if it's right configured, there are games that, even having rumble support, won't rumble with ePSXe, like metal gear solid.

·
BlueFox team member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I-Chan said:
You might need newer drivers from the manufacturer. Also, in ePSXe's config, set the pad to 'analog/digital(F5)', the rumble to directx,
Menu has lots of options: DXJoy1,DXJoy2,DXJoy3,DXJoy4,Burutter. What should I set in emulator and its already set to "digatal/analog(F5)"
the small motor to 'sine', and the big to 'constant'. Even if it's right configured, there are games that, even having rumble support, won't rumble with ePSXe, like metal gear solid.
Does the FF8 support rumbling?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Try DXJoy1. I think FF8 supports rumble, but don't take my word on it.

·
BlueFox team member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll try

·
BlueFox team member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it works ;)

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
I have the Logitech RumblePad 2, and it works perfectly, concerning Dual Shock (Force Feedback) in games...including Metal Gear Solid....and yes, FF8 supports Dual Shock.

I have the EMS USB2 converter, but even with the latest/updated drivers, Dual Shock is a problem in most applications, whether it be ePSXe, 1964 or any other Force Feedback titles on PC....even Chankast has problems with it.

But, if I can recommend a pad....go for the Logitech RumblePad 2.

r2rX :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
@read2rumbleIX: are you implying that you can run ff8 with rumble on epsxe?
i tried all the different epsxe version and pcsx with harakiri plugin.
i didn´t get it work in any way, though all other psx games i tried work very well (WITH rumble support).

i have the pad you recommend: Rumblepad2 by Logitech - a great pad, really.
i made all the right changes in the gamepad config (A/Dpad, Dx1, Sine Constant).
also i checked ingame (F5) that analog-pad was set.
all this to no avail.

when are you supposed to get it rumbling?
when casting a GF i understand. is this true for any GF cast or does it rumble only when you boost it or something?
is there another way to check it, ie. is there another occasion(s) in the game when it (should) rumble?

i´m sure i read at least of two other guys on this board who got ff8 rumbling with epsxe though it was never quite clear what was that certain option they set/changed.

i know epsxe is not fully compatible with the rumble option but there are people who obviously got it to work. perhaps you are even one of them.
can you give me a hint what (else) i could check out?

now to make an end to this post:
is the rumbling in ff8 just a very generic *rumble* and basically always quite the same or is there more to it?

thanks so much to, your help is surely appreciated.
i just want to start playing that game and stop fiddling with the emu.
that´s really something i have done enough - i think you know what i´m talking ´bout.
all configuration and no play make jack a dulldull boy :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts