Next Generation Emulation banner

@ruanViewer - Picture Viewer replacement for Windows Photo Viewer.

15K views 87 replies 26 participants last post by  @ruantec 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a suggestions and idea's (and potentially beta release) thread for an App i suggested to @Ruantec

I've noted on various forums, that users are less then enthusiastic about Windows Photo Viewer on Vista/7, and that others consider it Bloated / Stunted and not to be nearly anywhere near as fast as the XP Picture and Fax Viewer.

So I put it forward to @Ruantec, and asked him if he would be interested in making such an app.

Well, this thread is to say that Yes he is, interested, and he (and myself) are interested in knowing what other people would like in the app :D.

Some idea's so far,

• Cooliris style thumbnail viewer, done right it will obviously be better then cooliris heh.
  • Selecting next/previous picture using the left and right directional buttons.
  • Set as Desktop background (without the pathetic jpg compression, noted to be in photo viewer by Strike)
  • The same, or similar right click menu that exists when you click an image in picture and fax viewer.
  • APNG and Animated Gif support
  • Red eye removal.
  • Resizer tool, with quality slider to adjust save size.
More idea's are welcome :D

Edit.
Picture and Fax viewer has a Zoom filter that prevents images from jagging up as you zoom in, while photoviewer does not.
Which behavior is preffered. Also if possible does anyone know of any low performance costing HQ filters that can improve the display of the zoomed image?
Maybe we can use the same zoom filter as firefox's? it seems to be relatively good quality.

See less See more
#79 ·
i agree with you guys too... the Mac dock style doesn´t look that good and it has some limits i do not like... so i´ve got a new idea today.. i think to bring a overlay menu that fades out the pic and bring up a menu in the windows(please tell me what you think about it) am still unsure tho.. if MT or somebody else could provide me some pics i can use them and get the menu done..my idea should be something like this:

#81 · (Edited)
Yeah i like it too... sadly i haven´t had enough time to draw all the stuff myself or find all the required icons(am moving to the City again so i´ve had lots of stress lately).. anyways i´ve found some previous pics made by me for the old @ES and they fit perfectly on it(icons aren´t animated yet). to show what i mean i´ve uploaded a video to youtube again:

UPDATE:
This one goes a bit closer to MT´s awesome concept:

#82 ·
Currently sorting out a couple of bugs with @ruantec but it looks as if this could be ready for release later today ^_^

#86 ·
Hey @ruantec some ideas:

- a right mouseclick on the photo brings up a dropdown menu.

- ability to link directly back to the windows explorer view of the photo. (handy for when one wishes to do something with the photos (eg send to a friend on msn, email or copy/paste)

- Deleteable history and ability to quick link to bookmark favorite folders, perhaps even favorite pictures

- Ability to view multiple photos at once, or the ability for multiple instances of the program

#88 ·
hi this is nice application
can i get the link to download ... i am new in this board
Hi smantoo. first of all thank you for your interest in my application which reminds me that i have to put some love and write a better version of it. i´ll dedicate some time in the next few days and am going to add the requested features so far because am in need of a good viewer myself since the windows vista one already pisses me off :p

one of the things am going to do next is to add the Devil library in order to support a lot more types and also i´ll add a new menu and features so stay tune as in in few days am going to release a new version of it.

as for now download the last good version here(Post #8)

Regards
@ruantec

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.