Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
@ruanViewer 1.0b - MorphX

Hi everyone!

As promised am releasing the first version of the @ruanViewer :thumb: as you may know the first release its always very exciting and also lots of bugs may accurr etc. but that´s actually the goal of releasing the first version to see how it works and to fix possible bugs people may have..Sadly i didn´t had enough time this weekend as planned because am moving to the city and i´ve been having lots of stress. so i just could spend 2 hours this weekend to create what you´re about to see after you download this app...nothing more than the result of about 5 and half hours of development(in total). anyways enough Bla, Bla, Bla..

Commands and usage:

-Once a pic is loaded hold left mouse button and drag around.
-Use the Mouse scroller to zoom in/out.
-Double-click the picture to Reset sizes.
-Set the @ruanViewer as your default image viewer if you wish by selecting the picture and setting the @ruanViewer as your default app(auto file asociation is comming later).

the rest can be done with the menu at bottom.

Known bugs:

-When the pic is bigger than the window size and you resize the main window the pic isn´t scaled to fit the new size(am still investigating why)
-When the Resizing the window on a already scalled pic the @ruanViewer resets the pic sizes in order to keep the actuall pic visible(its a temp solution until i fix the previous bug)

Upcomming features:

-At the bottom-right i´ll add my new control soon which shows previews of pictures available in the opened picture folder in form of a Coverflow.
-Shader effects menus(atm the only custom control using a shader effect is the label at the top which uses the DropShadow shader effect)
-Support for more formats using the Devil library.
-ID3 tags in order to display embedded pics.
-Save functionality in order to covert or export pics to other formats.
-Some(if not all) of your great suggestions :thumb:

Videos:

Special thanks goes to:

Squall Leonhart(for the great idea), Shendo, SCHUMI_4EVER , Hatorijr, MT, Vincent, Mudlord and of course all of you for your great ideas and suggestion :thumb: ...you guys rock!

now enjoy this release.... over and out!!!

@ruantec

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: @ruanViewer 1.0b

Hello everybody again! its me @ruantec with another awesome post.........mmmmmm err.. i sound like one of those TV guys lol.

now here we go again but this time serious :D..

Hi everyone again!

Here´s a new build of the @ruanViewer that fix a couple of bugs previously reported here such as wrong Gif rendering, wrong Scaling and some other bugs that wasn´t reported too(Thanks to SCHUMI_4EVER for his great tests and help on that).

What´s new/Corrected:

- Gif animations are rendered correctly(no more transparent artifacts)
- Animated png correction and rendering optimizations(still not perfect but a lot faster and better now)
- Auto-Scaling mechanism corrected
- Rendering optimizations
- Smoother movements(while zooming with the mouse scroller or draging the pic around)
- Faster byte calculation(Faster handling and movements of big/zoomed pics)
- Previous and next button for viewing pics in the same folder(zoom In/Out icons removed as they aren´t needed)
- Drag and drop support
- Bug fixed that prevented from loading other images after loading a gif or apng file.

Enjoy this new build and keep posting suggestions as i will add them slowly on next releases :thumb:

Regards
@ruantec

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick fix!

in the release 1.0b there was still a small bug when the viewer is setup as the default app to open pics.... i didn´t noticed that before and it causes the app to crash as i forgot to use the new code instead of the old one... sorry for that. please download the 1.0b fix one in to fix the problem.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Ummm, im having an issue. Not sure whether its that im on XP or just dosnt like my pc setup, but i try and start the program and it comes up with the "@ruanViewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." box and i have tried opening a picture with the open with and still no dice. Any ideas?

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
plus also very portable and very lightweight. @ruantec you truly did do a great job.
It is? What platforms does it support?

Tried downloading it just for the kicks. wine required me to get mscoree.dll, but anyway after getting it it still requires me to install the .NET framework. I guess I could install the mono framework but it's too much trouble, sorry. :p

·
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
1,201 Posts
Nice job! :)

Bugs:
* I found is when you double click the magnifiers to zoom in/out sometimes it
has the opposite effect..

* When you open unknown file format it crashes..

PS: what about rotating in any degree like 45 degrees clockwise??
Also I thought you could view the next/previous picture in the same directory by
clicking something!!

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank you guys for your great posts!!

Nice job! :)

Bugs:
* I found is when you double click the magnifiers to zoom in/out sometimes it
has the opposite effect..

* When you open unknown file format it crashes..

PS: what about rotating in any degree like 45 degrees clockwise??
Also I thought you could view the next/previous picture in the same directory by
clicking something!!
am going to check that later... thank you

Ummm, im having an issue. Not sure whether its that im on XP or just dosnt like my pc setup, but i try and start the program and it comes up with the "@ruanViewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." box and i have tried opening a picture with the open with and still no dice. Any ideas?
Same here :(
The reason for that is because .Net 3.5 SP1 is required.... i forgot to mention that in the main post sorry :(

you can get it here

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
does not work with "Open with" option.

DOes it have a slide show option?

needs tool tips or icon text.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Works well for me @ruantec.

Next revision you should include a previous & next photo button, and have the photo default to its normal size if it fits the computer screen. Maybe eventually have it show what percentage of size it is at.

@ruantec one thing i noticed you like to do i presume to keep the GUI nice and clean is have lots of the controls be keyboard buttons or with mouse clicks. I think though that you should have visual controls for all the essential functions. And maybe a right click which brings down a dropdown menu for all the other lesser used functions.

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Works well for me @ruantec.

Next revision you should include a previous & next photo button, and have the photo default to its normal size if it fits the computer screen. Maybe eventually have it show what percentage of size it is at.

@ruantec one thing i noticed you like to do i presume to keep the GUI nice and clean is have lots of the controls be keyboard buttons or with mouse clicks. I think though that you should have visual controls for all the essential functions. And maybe a right click which brings down a dropdown menu for all the other lesser used functions.
got it!!! i´ll keep that in mind and i´ll add the requested features :thumb:

um i am getting this error on vista, when i open the exe.

and i have .net framework can you tell me whats wrong?
mmmm that´s quite interesting.... maybe the tool i use to protect the assembly causes the problem... anyways i´ll have a look today.. if you´re online contact me and i´ll fix that.

does not work with "Open with" option.

DOes it have a slide show option?

needs tool tips or icon text.
it should work with the "Open with" option normally.... and if you set the @ruanViewer as the default app it should work too.. but i can have a look at it later when i get home.

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is? What platforms does it support?

Tried downloading it just for the kicks. wine required me to get mscoree.dll, but anyway after getting it it still requires me to install the .NET framework. I guess I could install the mono framework but it's too much trouble, sorry. :p
i think he didn´t meant Crossplatform but more as a "Portable app". the @ruanViewer just as any other app made by me doesn´t require any setup or installation in order to work fine(except for the .net requirement) but you can copy the file to a USB-stick or whatever and run the app where ever you want... sadly am not targetting Crossplatform ability yet as i don´t like linux myself(sorry) but eventhough am planning to port my apps for other OS´s in the future.

Regards
@ruantec

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Nice program.
Working great here in Windows 7.
Now it only need the ability to view other images in the same folder. Like using left/right arrows.
EDIT: i tried opening a big image, 1775x1082, and it got uber slow.

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice program.
Working great here in Windows 7.
Now it only need the ability to view other images in the same folder. Like using left/right arrows.
EDIT: i tried opening a big image, 1775x1082, and it got uber slow.
mmm that´s quite interesting actually... i open images of over 1920x1200 and they only get a bit slow if i zoom too much... eitherway am going to check it out later when i get home(in about 5 hours from now on).

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
I hate to say this but no matter how small the software is its quite a system hog. just zooming in or out or even moving the image inside the viewer consumes a lot of cpu power.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.