Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!

It´s been a long time since i released something apart from(@ES)... well this time am bringing you a small tool to free some people from there misery :p

in the past few weeks i´ve been developing some classes for my upcomming version of @ES. one of those classes is the use and control of PCSX2 cheat mechanism. after toying around with few apps and reading few nice tutorials of how it works i realized that the process for a advanced pc user is ok but for many users out there it could be a pain in the ass plus they could get confused as there are a lot to write/use in order to create a simple file that does the trick for you. since i was working on that area creating my classes i decided to decrypt the codes myself and create a tool using few of @ES(unreleased) classes and create a small tool that will make the creation of pnaches a lot easyer.

the app is in beta stages because i just want to see how good it works... the Action Replay decrypt/encrypt class is complete but since i haven´t tested very well i decided not to add support for it.. so just stick to Codebreaker for now :thumb:

Usage:
1. add a Game title at the top for your pnach file.
2. add a codebreaker code on the left and add a description on the description box then just hit "Decrypt" to decrypt your code and convert it to Raw.

Note:
Keep repeating step 2 and add as many codes as you wish to the list on the right then proceed to step 3.

3. when you´re done just hit "Write pnach" and save it to your patches folder using the CRC of your game(i´ll add a function to read the CRC from image files later) as filename

last but not least this tool has a auto-code-correction so it´s not necessary to change the values 1 or 2 if the address value starts with one of those.... so enough bla, bla, bla just.... enjoy!!!

Regards
@ruantec

UPDATE:
I´ve found a small bug.. i didn´t cleared the values after the file was saved and so the old ones stayed there if you entered new codes.... sorry for that was my bad :p

the file has been updated now so enjoy! :thumb:

UPDATE2:
.zip file uploaded for those people without winrar :p

·
The one and only
4,074 Posts
digg it.

·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!!!

Please test the app as much as you can and if you find any bug just tell me... the codebreaker decryption function should work fine but i didn´t tested lots of code in order to see how accurate it is but i tested about 30 different games and lots of code and in all of the cases i got 100% accuracy so it should work fine.

Very interesting.
???????

·
Registered
106 Posts
Cool, Keep up the good work :)

·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...mmm i have heared some guy talking about this 3years ago and now is real nice work..
Glad to hear that :thumb:

actually i just found too annoying the way it was done till now as people could easily get confused by it.. for a advanced user is not a problem but for a beginner is a different story. now all i need is to get the CRC code and automate some stuff to make the use/generation of pnaches even easyer :D

btw....... i love the "Saint Seiya" anime :D

·
troubleshooter
8,978 Posts
I've been busy with studies for sometime now and will be till the end of the month:(. I'll try to experiment with your software, It will be wonderfull to make pnaches with a software and not do everything manually.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you so much for your program! Very very useful for beginners like me!
Great program! Excellent work!

Can't wait for the next version with CRC code support!
Thank you very much!! truly appreciated!

By the way,
I can't get "Mortal Kombat-Armageddon (Premium Edition)" to work with this program.
CodeTwink Network - Mortal Kombat-Armageddon (Premium Edition) (PS2 Cheats)
If anyone could help, that would be appreciated!! Thanks in advanced!

·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you so much for your program! Very very useful for beginners like me!
Great program! Excellent work!

Can't wait for the next version with CRC code support!
Thank you very much!! truly appreciated!

By the way,
I can't get "Mortal Kombat-Armageddon (Premium Edition)" to work with this program.
CodeTwink Network - Mortal Kombat-Armageddon (Premium Edition) (PS2 Cheats)
If anyone could help, that would be appreciated!! Thanks in advanced!
Oh, thanks!!!

this reminds me that i almost forgot this project lol(i´ve been busy with @ES) i´ll check it out in the next few days and add some more features... btw i have that game too so i´ll check it out to see why isn´t working.

Regards
@ruantec

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you so much for you quick reply!!
Thanks again for your hard work! And thanks a lot for your help!
I will wait for the anwers patiently! :wub:
Have a great day! You are cool!! @ruantec :thumb:

Oh, thanks!!!
this reminds me that i almost forgot this project lol(i´ve been busy with @ES) i´ll check it out in the next few days and add some more features... btw i have that game too so i´ll check it out to see why isn´t working.
Regards
@ruantec

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.