Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
That fixed a lot of games.
Great news.

·
Aim 4 the stars...
573 Posts
I can't freakin believe this.
_Working_ PS3 games? (Regardless of graphics, sounds, extent, fps etc)... during my life time?

I'm satisfied enough.

·
Not a Registered User
1,400 Posts
I can't freakin believe this.
_Working_ PS3 games? (Regardless of graphics, sounds, extent, fps etc)... during my life time?

I'm satisfied enough.
Right, I remember a time when PS2 emulation was but a dream possible only on the highest specs PCs.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,514 Posts
Damn that's fantastic!

In the meantime, I bought a 2TB SSD (Crucial MX500) for my old CFW'd 1st gen PS3 so I can dump all of my PS1/2/3 games directly to its drive and run homebrew emulators AND run a linux distro all from this one unit.

·
Not a Registered User
1,400 Posts
Damn that's fantastic!

In the meantime, I bought a 2TB SSD (Crucial MX500) for my old CFW'd 1st gen PS3 so I can dump all of my PS1/2/3 games directly to its drive and run homebrew emulators AND run a linux distro all from this one unit.
A huge waste if you ask me, for one PS3 supports only up to 1.5TB drivers, unless CFW is different in that regard, but also PS3 has only sata2 and it doesn't have nearly enough horse power to take full advantage of the SSD, at best you'll get a second or two saved.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,514 Posts
The PS3 only supports 1.5TB partitions. This works out fine because I allocated 500GB to the Linux partition with the PS3 proper getting the remaining 1.5TB.

As for speed, it's a lot faster than my previous 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Blue especially in Linux. Dumped games also often have a lot of small files to load that increase latency on the old mechanical HDDs, but yeah, I honestly forgot that the PS3 only has SATA2. Modern HDDs can saturate its bandwidth too. So yeah, I probably should've just bought a 2.5" HDD. :(

141 - 157 of 157 Posts