Next Generation Emulation banner

101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,391 Posts
Anyone else getting the Unhandled Win32 Exception 0x0E06D7363 error? Should I create a new ticket, or is this already noted?

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Ni No Kuni.

WOW I missed that game, read that it's not coming to PC anyways.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Yes but I'd like to get some background on the world first.

Reactions: Lasnap

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Great, thanks for the news Koko.

·
Aim 4 the stars...
573 Posts
Most of my childhood was waiting for full PS2 emulation to become reality. It became a perpetual waiting game consuming so many years of my life, that I still can't believe it's been fully done.

... and now, there's PS3 emulation, and it's actually already a thing.

10/10 did not expect.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #109

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Still can't believe this is a thing. PS3 emulation.

Dark souls looks so epic in 4K.
The details in the texture work are really surprising, damn what a time to be alive.

You can also lower the render resolution below native, some true ghetto ass gaming in the midst chums.

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)
A few screens from Catherine, rendered at 4k to 3440x1440. My 6800k at 4+ ghz can't seem to maintain solid 30fps and there is a tonne of glitching, not sure what's going on but for a quick dick around this is pretty damn awesome seeing the game rendered so well.

EDIT: Well just tried Strict Rendering and it's far better.

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,391 Posts
Dark souls looks so epic in 4K.
The PC version couldn't 4K? If you were saying Demon's Soul, then I'd agree. :p

Waiting for Resonance of Fate to be playable. That game needs 4K so bad.

·
Aim 4 the stars...
573 Posts
I notice that this project doesn't involve any of the coders from PCSX2. I wonder why... Did the PCSX2 team get bored? Grew too old?...

Also, I'm not sure why, but doesn't it seem like PS3 emulation matured much quicker than PS2 emulation? Is it because of faster PC hardware? ... Or, is it because the PS3 is more "PC" like?

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
I notice that this project doesn't involve any of the coders from PCSX2. I wonder why... Did the PCSX2 team get bored? Grew too old?...

Also, I'm not sure why, but doesn't it seem like PS3 emulation matured much quicker than PS2 emulation? Is it because of faster PC hardware? ... Or, is it because the PS3 is more "PC" like?
RPCS3 is slower to develop in my perception, it's 6 years old now.
PCSX2 was created in 2002 and by 2007 was running quite well for many flagship games as I remember getting an 8600GT at launch and playing a lot of PS2 games.

Both the PS2 and PS3 have complex CPU architectures and I would consider neither to be similar to a PC, I would say that the PS3 will have a higher hardware requirement disadvantage relative to the time period of development than ps2.

·
Administrator
15,457 Posts

Its like saying why didn't dolphin devs do a wii u emulator, who cares who does it as long as it exists and its good.

·
Aim 4 the stars...
573 Posts
Its like saying why didn't dolphin devs do a wii u emulator, who cares who does it as long as it exists and its good.
Apologies, admin. I didn't mean it in a bad way ='(

I just mentioned this since, PCSX happened, then PCSX2... and I distinctly recall an ancient thread stating that a PCSX3 domain had been purchased.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,145 Posts
Coders grow up and eventually life hits hard and you end up having less time for private projects or anything in general as you focus in family, work, kids and house. For instance I was once very active here and loved to work in private projects and a hell lots of things and now I just visit this place to post now and then.

I used to code after work at home quite a lot as well and right now I can't remember the last time I wrote some code at home. Usually with that kind of projects a new generation pick it up or probably a group of people that have big interest and the necessary time. Coding is very time consuming and if you go too far it could affect your social life tremendously.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Coders grow up and eventually life hits hard and you end up having less time for private projects or anything in general as you focus in family, work, kids and house. For instance I was once very active here and loved to work in private projects and a hell lots of things and now I just visit this place to post now and then.

I used to code after work at home quite a lot as well and right now I can't remember the last time I wrote some code at home. Usually with that kind of projects a new generation pick it up or probably a group of people that have big interest and the necessary time. Coding is very time consuming and if you go too far it could affect your social life tremendously.
TL;DR: @ruantec used to be an emulation coder but then he took an arrow to the knee...
:p

101 - 120 of 157 Posts