Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i just ran into something very very interesting, i found out that this roxio software F**ks up emulation, badly, i just did a fresh reinstall, and got the bare minimums up, and then tested the cd drive for playing psx games. after that, i installed roxio easy cd creator, and immeadiatly i could not run the emulator, that is all... i think that roxio messed with my drivers, i will remove it, and do some other things, and hopefully i can get it back up and goin again.

if u want me to put it step by step, on how i tested, here it is.

Fresh clean install
current drivers.
Fresh reboot, then i tested game ( it worked )
installed nero 6
after rebooting, i tested game again ( still works w/o error )
installed roxio easy cd creator 6
yet another fresh reboot, i tested the game ( errors, with read junk)

now i am attempting to remove roxio easy cd creator.

edit: after removing it(easy cd creator 6), i did not haft to reboot for some reason ? but the test disk works again.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
i got Roxio Easy CC & DVD Creator 6 installed on my machine and no conflict has surfaced because of that. im guessing its a machine specific problem....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can actually list everything about my computer, every piece of software, but i will just say that i have xp sp2, and after easy cd creator was installed, the emulator did not work... don't ask why, because i have no clue... but i will say that the test disk was brand new, and had no scratches at all.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Dandel1984 said:
i can actually list everything about my computer, every piece of software, but i will just say that i have xp sp2, and after easy cd creator was installed, the emulator did not work... don't ask why, because i have no clue... but i will say that the test disk was brand new, and had no scratches at all.
well the only real solution i can give you is not using ez cd creator... nero can do as much. ifound ezcd creator only better at making music cds

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
It might not be Easy CD Creator's fault... Why did you installed BOTH Nero and Easy CD Creator? I heard Nero messes up other cd burning programs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't knw about what u mention, hydra, but i do know that i can/would use open source cd burning software, just to avoid the issue of junk that is not monitored in some form from getting on my pc... i don't knw what all nero, and easy cd creator do, but i do knw that nero uses it's own custom aspi driver that does not force itself on everything.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I do not have roxio easy cd creator 6, but to answer the question with the clue "XP sp2", I've come to the conclusion that it is the aspi drivers that are in conflict.

My guess is you would be able to successfully run your emulation after roxio easy cd creator 6 is installed and you have installed the latest aspi drivers correctly.

Try it...I bet it will work...

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
You can try uninstalling Nero :p
What I was talking about was something I read in the Win98 era... so don't know if it still applys now :heh:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it does not, for xp, roxio modifies the aspi drivers, and nero does not... try using the cd info tool from nero's toolkit.

for example, this is my aspi information from that software:
Code:
ASPI Information
----------------
System ASPI      :  ASPI is not installed

Nero ASPI        :  ASPI is installed and working properly

WNASPI32.DLL     :  2.0.1.68 160016 bytes July 22, 2004
and some of the info on the drive of mine, nothin much on that i will give ;)

Code:
Drive                      : HITACHI  DVD-ROM GD-2500 
Type                       : DVD-ROM Drive
Firmware Version           : 0101
Buffer Size                : 512 KB
Date                       : ?
Serial Number
Vendor Specific            :  jBHCR   99/04/19    
Drive Letter               : G:\
Location                   : 0:3
Mechanism                  : Tray
Read Speed                 : 10 , 8 , 6 , 4  X
Write Speed                :  n/a
and do note, i have an up to date copy of windows xp.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The info given by Dandel1984 seems to give more evidence to my theory that both will work. All you have to do is install the latest aspi drivers. Which is a good idea to begin with as Microsoft aspi driver is a little bit crapy and generic is performance. As per design. Honestly...during the engeering meeting to develop the driver the boss stated: "Make this aspi driver crapy and generic...they won't know!" P.S. ( I wasn't there and this is all speculation...)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well in the interest of interest...Dandel1984 said there is no aspi driver given by win XP...It's not that I do not believe this, but I need varification. I have an aspi driver installed in win XP that was not installed by a third party or myself. I could be wrong. The important part of interest for me is sp1 for XP did not want to install because of the adaptec aspi drivers, but had no problem with the aspi driver that was already there. I'm not at my XP machine or I'd name this file.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts