Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a little problem that I've been working through here, lately and I'm wondering if you guys can help.

I've got two routers.
--
Zyxel 660
-Runs my Embarq DSL line
-3mb/sec input from my ISP
-can run bridged or routed.

Linksys WRT54G v8.0
-Overall a piece of ****.
-Does anything it's programmed to do.
-Can run as a gateway or a router.

-----
I've tried everything to get utorrent to run with these both connected. I need to keep the Linksys connected so that my mom has a connection to the internet; in which case I don't believe I'd be able to keep my Ip4 static and have her still be able to connect.

The only way utorrent gets fully ported through is if the Linksys is removed, connecting the Embarq modem directly and tweak the forwarding on the Zyxel(which is easy as pie). This leads me to believe that any and all of the throttling and filtering is being done within the Linksys.

But my god, I've tried everything. I've set up static IP adresses, unlocked every firewall, set it up as both a gateway and a router, either/or doesn't make any difference.

Still this::
Seeds: 0/Random large number
Leeches: 0/Random large number.

I'm about to pull my hair out, anyone have any ideas, here or better yet, does anyone own a WRT54G and is porting it successfully with wireless capability?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
you would've been better off with a Accesspoint rather then a Wireless Router.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The damn thing is old, that's what I'm working with.

The Zyxel is my ISP's router, it's connected first, then into the Ethernet slot of the WRT54G, then that sends the wireless signal to my mom, and gives me my internet via one of four LAN ports.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
for starters, Flash the router with a version of Open-WRT or DD-WRT which is compatible for that version (sticker on the bottom tells you the version)

This will expose a ****load of additional options.

Secondly, enable uPnP on both the Zyxel and WRT54G, as utorrent will then automatically route the ports

Lastly, set the WRT as the second most device on the IP Table, and configure other devices around this.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now I'm currently running the 660 bridged and forwarded to the WRT's IP. I set it up like this once before; it failed, but not quite like this, I never forwarded it. It's been on for about five minutes though. I'm taking notes, here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts