Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Square Enix announced Romancing SaGa - Minstrel Song for PlayStation 2, a remake of the classic hit Romancing Saga for Super Famicom from 1992, which has sold more than 980,000 copies. The new version will feature all new 3D graphics and designs. Tomomi Kobayashi will return as the game illustrator.

In Romancing SaGa - Minstrel Song, you can choose to play as one of the 8 protagonists, two of which are new characters, with original stories and events. One of the new character is a minstrel, who featured in the game logo. The game is scheduled for a spring 2005 release in Japan.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
And I'm still waiting to play the Super Famicom version as I don't believe it has been translated yet...:(

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
little rundown of the saga games..

Gameboy:

Final Fantasy Legend (JP/US) - 1989
Final Fantasy Legend II (JP/US) - 1990
Final Fantasy Legend III (JP/US) - 1991

SNES:
Romancing Saga (JP) - 1992 Translation: 62% done.
Romancing Saga 2 (JP) - 1993 Translation: 5% Website
Romancing Saga 3 (JP) - 1995 Translation: about 75% Website

PSX:
Saga Frontier (JP/US) - 1998
Saga Frontier 2 (JP/US) - 2000

PS2:
Unlimited Saga (JP/US) - 2002

Wonderswan:
Makaitoushi SaGa (JP) - 2002 Translation: 20%

Don't ask me for roms, I will not tell you. Also, if you want more information about a game just ask. I actually own every single game here, except for the wonderswan edition.

*Edit* Sorry, I mark the WSC's game as Romancing saga. Turns out that it's actually Makitaoushi. Which would be the japanese version FF:Legends 1. Ghideon Zhi the acclaimed translator is also currently working on a translation for it.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Yay more remakes! :p

The good part is that they are remaking old stuff whch most people didn't play... as long as we don't see a "CT remake on the work" news I think things will be allright...

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly, I'm more excited about this then the FFVII game that was just announced. I am probably one of the few who honestly liked the SaGa series. I honestly loved SaGa Frontier II. *shrugs* I'm a strange fellow I guess.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Zer0Soul said:
Honestly, I'm more excited about this then the FFVII game that was just announced. I am probably one of the few who honestly liked the SaGa series. I honestly loved SaGa Frontier II. *shrugs* I'm a strange fellow I guess.
Well as I've said, it's not a terrible remake considering that the game wasn't played by many... just as long as it doesn't become a habit.
As for SFII I don't see anything wrong with it... in fact, it was the only Saga game that I truly enjoyed...

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
For the most part, people hated SF1 more than SF2, and people who played the RS games too enjoyed those much more. Since this is a remake of RS1, many people could end up quite happy.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Akitoshi Kawazu's newest project is a PlayStation 2 remake of the Super Famicom hit Romancing SaGa. Titled Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song, the game will feature 3D map and battle visuals. Tomomi Kobayashi will return as illustrator. Players can choose between eight protagonists, all of which are generated as 3/4-sized models. Director and producer Akitoshi Kawazu's development team views the game as a compilation and hence will implement systems which are representative for the entire SaGa series, such as the free scenario system. In a character named Dark and a minstrel, two new characters have been added as well. The original Romancing SaGa for Super Famicom was released in January 1992 and has sold 980,000 copies in Japan.

Romancing SaGa: Minstrel SaGa will be available in Japan in spring 2005" - rpgfan

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Looks like a really good remake. Haven't played the Saga series myself so maybe I'll look into it.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/romasaga/ - new webpage

and yes, I'm going to keep bringing this game up more. Why? I'm sick of FF fanboys drooling over the same game and lesser known or overlooked games being crapped on. Yes, I am in a bad mood, sorry for it.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Now if I could just get my FFIV remake. Looks nice nonetheless. I hope the minstrel turns out more useful than Lute though. :p

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Zer0Soul said:
I'm sick of FF fanboys drooling over the same game and lesser known or overlooked games being crapped on. Yes, I am in a bad mood, sorry for it.
Worry not that is common sense not a syndrome of bad mood...

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
Zer0Soul said:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/romasaga/ - new webpage

and yes, I'm going to keep bringing this game up more. Why? I'm sick of FF fanboys drooling over the same game and lesser known or overlooked games being crapped on. Yes, I am in a bad mood, sorry for it.
has it ever occured to you that the only saga games released in america pretty much sucked? people liked final fantasy more not because saga is lesser known, but it's non-existant where they live.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm talking about many rpg's not just the saga series.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Never played any of these games. Can't wait to see more info though ;D

·
Registered
833 Posts
I remember play Saga Frontier for the psx and was happy with the gameplay and story. Looking foward to this game b/c i dont see it as remake since i never played the orginal.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This isn't a remake of Saga Frontier. This is a remake of Romancing Saga which is the first game in the Saga line.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I remember Romancing Saga (1 or 2, dunno) as the game that I started over many times due to losing saves and got nowhere. I liked its leveling mechanism though. Let's hope the remake would come to US and would have Japanese voice acting ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts