Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
emunub ._.
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing Etrian and then I decided it was time to play a random FF game so I went to save state and saved my game then tested loading it and when I loaded it it just said "the rom image has crashed" and shut down.

I spent all day playing it so this makes me sad :(

·
Russian mafia
10 Posts
I was playing Etrian and then I decided it was time to play a random FF game so I went to save state and saved my game then tested loading it and when I loaded it it just said "the rom image has crashed" and shut down.

I spent all day playing it so this makes me sad :(
Savestates for nds don't work in no$gba.

·
Numbers Guy
175 Posts
Did you set the NDS Cartridge Backup Media in Emulation Setup to EEPROM 64KBytes?

According to advanscene.com, the proper save type for this game is EEPROM 512 Kbit, but you have to convert Kbits to KBytes by dividing 512 by 8, thus giving us EEPROM 64Kbytes.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
If you didn't have a normal savegame before, you won't have one to load now...

·
emunub ._.
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never changed the save type except when I started the game. At the beggining I start the game, set all the stuff up and controls, reset the cartridge, and play. I am also having this problem with FFIII I do a normal save game and if I do reset cartridge I can load it but when I closed No$gba and ran it again my saved game was gone.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,598 Posts
Like I said on my previous post, you have to save the settings after you change the save type; otherwise, your save file will most likely get corrupted and unusable when you start with the wrong save type.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Instead of resetting the catridge next time try loading it again. Saves are only written to the hard drive when either the catridge is reloaded (not reset), another game is loaded or the emulator is closed normally (which for some reason is not working for you).
I personally always reload the game after every save I make to make sure that my save gets written to the harddrive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.